Your Weekly Update
Wednesday, September 27th
Meal Crew: Karey Winkel, Milt Nolting, Pat Thomson, Sandy Goetsch, John & Cindy Knabe
A few more meal helpers would be appreciated.
Recharge begins on Wednesdays with a meal starting at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Esther in the Women’s Bible Study ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
Being Men of Faith ~ led by Pastor Clint
Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
Freezer Meal Class
2nd Annual Autumn Soup Supper
Mark your calendar for our 2nd Annual Autumn Soup Supper on Wednesday, October 11th. Our sign-up sheets are posted on the easel in the Narthex, so be thinking about where you would like to help during this year’s Autumn Soup Supper??!!
First Presbyterian Church is hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website.
PW Bible Study/Fellowship NOTICE!
If you were not able to be with us for our study and discussion of how God used groups to influence the theological climate of the Jews and prepare for the coming Messiah…
- Please ask Cheri for a copy of the Study Guide
- Sign out the DVD, Session 3
- Pick up the homework we’re all completing for our next study taking place on Thursday, October 12th.
Hope you can make it to our next Bible Study/Fellowship!
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We try to keep freezer meals on hand for families in need, but our collection is getting low. So we are asking for your help in restocking the freezer. Thank you for your continued support in this ministry.
Ladies….of all ages: ~~CHANGE OF LOCATION~~
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30AM has changed the location back to Hey Good Cookies. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Our Daily Bread Devotionals
The September, October, November Our Daily Bread Devotionals are here. Pick up your copy today.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Dayle Broocks recovering from eye surgery.
- Kelly Swancutt seeing a specialist on Wednesday.
- Kelly Darling dealing with heart failure.
- Ruth DeJong who is hospitalized.
- Dee Fibelstad recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink has ALS test group checkup on Wednesday..
- Dave Radcliffe treated at the heart hospital and recovering at home.
- Jason VanderWolde and all the power linemen in FL helping after Hurricane Irma.
- Holly needing more surgery.
- Ken Westergard dealing with excess fluid.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips dealing with cancer.
- Dave Dau recovering from surgery that went well and mass was benign.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from stroke.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, recovering from surgery.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Mike Reekers diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis.
- Colleen Bomgaars recovering from a car accident.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break at Hey Good Cookies – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study begins – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Stan Sybesma
Ushers – John & Sue Ziegenbusch and Randy & Vonda Buchman
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Pat Butler, Mike Reekers & Jackie Jenkins
Nursery – Jocelyn Kitzinger
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Jeremiah Clay, Brianna Pratt, Annika Stecker
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Power Point – Abby Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA