Your Weekly Update
Annual Congregational Meeting
Our Congregational Meeting will be held immediately following our Reformed Worship Service on Sunday, November 12th for the election of new officers. All members are encouraged to attend.
FPC Informational Meeting
Join us for a short exploration of the history and core beliefs of the Presbyterian Church and a summary of what’s happening here at First Pres. This class is open to all and is intended to provide information for those who are considering membership at FPC, or those who simply like to know about our congregation and our denomination. These classes will be held on Sunday, November 5th and November 12th during the Sunday School hour.
Wednesday, November 1st
Meal: Husbands Delight
Meal Crew: Jan Bowles, Pat Thomson, Marcia Eckerman, Sharon Caskey & Julie Calsbeek
Join us at Recharge with a meal beginning at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Adult Ed Classes:
- Esther in the Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Being Men of Faith led by Pastor Clint
- Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
- Freezer Meal Class
Recharge Craft Request
We are requesting BROWN socks for a Recharge craft. The socks should be CLEAN, NO HOLES, and NO PATTERN. JUST BROWN!
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. November 5th snacks will be provided by Jake & Ruth DeJong, and November 12th will be the Howard family.
SAVE THE DATE!
Our children’s Christmas program will be held on Sunday, December 17th during the 11:15 service. All are welcome to attend!
(Snow date will be Wednesday, December 20th, at 6pm)
Parents of Sunday School Pre-K thru 8th Grade
Children’s Christmas Program Information
If you haven’t received an email about your student, please read here.
Immanuel Lutheran Soup & Pie Supper
Everyone is invited to the Soup & Pie Supper on Thursday, November 2nd from 5-7pm at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 2300 27th St., Spirit Lake. They will be serving 4 delicious soups.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jake Roos on his passing this last week.
- Judy Stueven continued health concerns.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Vonda Buchman recovering from knee surgery.
- Neva Clark with medical issues.
- Jackie Jenkins recovering from wrist surgery.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Keith Moriston recovering from knee surgery.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Austin Crew with swelling of the brain.
- Iraqi Missionaries
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she prepares for her initial partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Jada Duis recovering from mono.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Kelly Swancutt seeing a specialist on Wednesday.
- Kelly Darling dealing with heart failure.
- Dee Fibelstad recovering from knee surgery.
- Dave Radcliffe treated at the heart hospital and recovering at home.
- Holly needing more surgery.
- Ken Westergard dealing with excess fluid.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips dealing with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from a stroke.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break at Hey Good Cookies – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 5pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Birthday Celebration of Marge Schneidawind & Sharon Caskey – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Ushers – Daryl & Elaine Doorenbos, Deb Ditsworth & Sandy Krout
Greeters – Pat & Russ Thomson
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Mike Reekers
Nursery – Ruth Ann Kelly
Coffee – Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Carter Lambert, Jillian Murray, Annika Stecker
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde
Sound & Power Point – Sill family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA