Your Weekly Update
Annual Congregational Meeting
Our Congregational Meeting will be held immediately following our Reformed Worship Service on Sunday, November 12th for the election of new officers. All members are encouraged to attend.
Our Faith Promises will be dedicated during both
services on Sunday, November 12th.
On November 19th, we will be having one youth Sunday service at 8:50am followed by our annual breakfast and Youth Mission Trip Pie Auction. Please be sure to join us for a morning of celebration, fellowship and thanksgiving!
FPC Informational Meeting
Join us for a short exploration of the history and core beliefs of the Presbyterian Church and a summary of what’s happening here at First Pres. This class is open to all and is intended to provide information for those who are considering membership at FPC, or those who simply like to know about our congregation and our denomination. This class will be held on Sunday, November 12th during the Sunday School hour from 10:15-11:15am.
Wednesday, November 8th
Meal: Chicken & Biscuits
Meal Crew: Edna VanderWolde, Pat Thomson, Sandy Krout & Sharon Caskey
Meal Crew Helpers Needed Please!
Join us at Recharge with a meal beginning at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Adult Ed Classes:
- Esther in the Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Making a Difference led by Pastor Clint
- Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
- Freezer Meal Class
New Recharge Class – Making a Difference
Christians are called to be people who improve things. We are invited, in Jesus name, to participate in the wonderful unfolding beauty that is the Kingdom of God and sow seeds of it into the lives of others. Join us for five Wednesdays of looking at how we can make a positive impact for God and neighbor in profound and simple ways at home, work, church, community, and around the world.
Recharge Craft Request
We are requesting BROWN socks for a Recharge craft. The socks should be CLEAN, NO HOLES, and NO PATTERN. JUST BROWN!
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. November 12th snacks will be provided by the Howard family, and November 19th will be ??.
The Operation Christmas Child boxes need to be returned to First Presbyterian Church no later than Sunday, November 19th.
SAVE THE DATE!
Our children’s Christmas program will be held on Sunday, December 17th during the 11:15 service. All are welcome to attend!
(Snow date will be Wednesday, December 20th, at 6pm)
Parents of Sunday School Pre-K thru 8th Grade
Children’s Christmas Program Information
If you haven’t received an email about your student, please read here.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Doug & Carol Stueven on the passing of Doug’s Mom, Judy, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Dennis & Joyce Colton on the passing of Joyce’s Mom, Neva Clark, this past week.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Vonda Buchman recovering from knee surgery.
- Jackie Jenkins recovering from wrist surgery.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Keith Moriston recovering from knee surgery.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Iraqi Missionaries
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she prepares for her initial partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Kelly Darling dealing with heart failure.
- Holly Hansen undergoing radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break at Hey Good Cookies – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Ladies Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Congregational Meeting – 10am
- Coffee & fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Kris Oldson
Ushers – Daryl & Elaine Doorenbos, Deb Ditsworth & Sandy Krout
Greeters – Pat & Russ Thomson
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Mike Reekers
Nursery – Amy Webber
Coffee – Ray Miller & carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Jeremiah Clay, Meghan Humphrey & Liz Steiner
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Sound & Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA