Your Weekly Update
On Sunday, November 19th, we will be having one “Youth Led Sunday Service” at 8:50am followed by our annual breakfast and Youth Mission Trip Pie Auction & Silent Auction. Please be sure to join us for a morning of celebration, fellowship and thanksgiving!
The Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts need to be returned to First Presbyterian Church on or before
Sunday, November 19th.
Wednesday, November 15th
Meal: Beef Stew
Meal Crew: Bob Peterson, Jan Bowles & Rhonda Reekers
Meal Crew Helpers Needed Please!
Join us at Recharge with a meal beginning at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Adult Ed Classes:
- Esther in the Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Making a Difference led by Pastor Clint
- Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
- Freezer Meal Class
Recharge Craft Request
We are requesting BROWN socks for a Recharge craft. The socks should be CLEAN, NO HOLES, and NO PATTERN. JUST BROWN!
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. November 19th snacks will be provided by Jill Jennings, and No Sunday School on November 26th.
Christmas Luncheon Workers Needed
The Christmas Luncheon is Thursday, December 7th at 12:30pm. We are in need of workers and cookie bakers. The sign-up sheet is located in the Narthex. We appreciate your help in serving the women of our community.
SAVE THE DATE!
Our children’s Christmas program will be held on Sunday, December 17th during the 11:15 service. All are welcome to attend!
(Snow date will be Wednesday, December 20th, at 6pm)
Parents of Sunday School Pre-K thru 8th Grade
Children’s Christmas Program Information
If you haven’t received an email about your student, please read here.
- Roger Rieck recovering from surgery.
- Ruth Ann Kelly recovering from a fall.
- Elizabeth Corver recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Vonda Buchman recovering from knee surgery.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Keith Moriston recovering from knee surgery.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she prepares for her initial partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen undergoing radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break at Hey Good Cookies – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- KJIA Soup & Sweets Supper – 4:30-7pm
- Combined Worship Service – 8:50am
- HS Youth Group Mission Trip Pie Auction, Silent Auction & Breakfast – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Confirmation – 10:15am
- No Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- No PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Youth
Ushers – Daryl & Elaine Doorenbos, Deb Ditsworth & Sandy Krout
Greeters – Pat & Russ Thomson
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Mike Reekers
Nursery – Natasha Nelson
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA