Your Weekly Update
Combined Worship Worship
Come worship with us on Sunday, December 31st at our Combined Worship Service at 10am.
2nd Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Rides to Church
The Deacons are willing to provide rides for anyone who needs rides, especially this winter. Contact the church for rides and they will get ahold of the Deacons.
Christmas Eve Mission
It was decided our Christmas Eve Mission this year goes to Cherish Center. Approximately $4,000 was given at both of our Christmas Eve Services.
No Recharge January 3rd
Craft Items Needed at Recharge
Clear glassware needed for Recharge crafts
Containers should be at least 4 inches deep, but deeper is better! Mouth should be at least 6 inches wide, but wider is better! These will be used to make terrariums with succulent plants Need at least 9 containers by January 10, 2018. Need at least 7 containers by January 24, 2018.
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving.
No Sunday School on December 31.
Annual Report Deadline
Attention all Committee chairpersons, your committee report for the Annual Report will be due by Friday, December 29th.
Year-End Giving Deadline
The deadline for the 2017 year-end giving to the church is Friday, December 29th at noon. Any gifts and pledges received or postmarked after that time will be credited to your 2018 statements.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Christian Writing Group
A Christian Writers group is meeting on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. The meeting is at the Spirit Lake Public Library from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. You can enter the west door of the library. Our next meeting is December 22. Their web site is
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Helen Gerth on her passing this past week. Helen’s memorial service will be held Wednesday, December 27th at 11am.
- Betty VanderZwaag having medical issues.
- Mike May, Jr. dealing with serious health issues.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird having medical issues.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- John Williams daughter battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Keith Moriston recovering from 2nd knee replacement surgery.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes’ cancer returned.
- Rachel Fisher dealing with pregnancy complications.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she prepares for her initial partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer
- High School Youth Group
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Joint Worship Service – 10am
- Coffee and fellowship – 11am
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Services – 4 & 6pm
- Merry Christmas!! (Office Closed)
- No PW Sewing
- No Tues Women’s Bible Study
Joint Worship Service ~ 10:00am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Kathleen Johnson
Ushers – Sandy Goetsch, Doug & Karen Kaiser
Greeters – Art & Phyllis Attema
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA