Your Weekly Update
Our Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 21st, immediately following our Reformed Service. All members are encouraged to attend.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Rides to Church
The Deacons are willing to provide rides for anyone who needs rides, especially this winter. Contact the church for rides and they will get ahold of the Deacons.
Wednesday, January 10th
Meal: Baked Potato Bar
Meal Crew: Pat Thomson, Karey Winkel, Edna VanderWolde, Bob Peterson Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
Adult Ed Classes
· Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke, Begins January 10
· Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses, Begins January 10
· Martin Luther—The man who changed the church – led by Pastor Clint, Begins January 17
HS YOUTH GROUP BEGINS JANUARY 10TH AT 6:45PM
Craft Items Needed at Recharge
Clear glassware needed for Recharge crafts
Containers should be at least 4 inches deep, but deeper is better! Mouth should be at least 6 inches wide, but wider is better! These will be used to make terrariums with succulent plants Need at least 9 containers by January 10, 2018. Need at least 7 containers by January 24, 2018.
Notice: Our 2nd Semester Dues Are Due January 10th….
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week snacks will be provided by Edna VanderWolde. We need more snack providers.
In February our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes.
You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is located on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on, please include your cell phone number. If you have any questions, please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Christian Writing Group
A Christian Writers group is meeting on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. The meeting is at the Spirit Lake Public Library from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. You can enter the west door of the library. Our next meeting is December 22. Their web site is
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Nor and Rose Top on the passing of Nor’s Mom, Sophie, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Bonnie Forey on her passing this past week.
- Pastor Clint, Josh & Dana Bolluyt and students on service trip to Texas.
- Ruth Nolting recovering from ankle surgery.
- Emma Jenness on a mission trip to Haiti.
- Seth Voss as he travels to Switzerland.
- Betty VanderZwaag having medical issues.
- Mike May, Jr. surgery was successful, awaiting further tests.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird moved to Pearl Valley Rehab Center in Estherville.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- John Williams daughter battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes’ cancer returned.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she adapts to her partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- No Act II at the High School office
- PW Bible Study/Fellowship – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Confirmation
- No Adult Ed Classes
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 5:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Ryan Davelaar
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles & Leo Kofoot & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Amy Profit
Coffee – Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Adrie Stecker, Liz Steiner
Usher/Greeter – Darlene Sheldon
Nursery – Natasha Nelson
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA