Your Weekly Update
Our Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 21st, immediately following our Reformed Service. All members are encouraged to attend.
In February our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes.
You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is located on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on, please include your cell phone number. If you have any questions, please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Thank you to my church family for your prayers and phone calls as I have been recuperating at home from my surgery. And I loved receiving flowers! Thanks so much for caring! I’m sure my recovery was much faster with all of you reporting for duty.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Rides to Church
The Deacons are willing to provide rides for anyone who needs rides, especially this winter. Contact the church for rides and they will get ahold of the Deacons.
Wednesday, January 17th
Meal: Tater Tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Jody Jenness, Miranda Brueggeman, Dennis & Joyce Colton Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
Adult Ed Classes
· Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
· Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses
· Martin Luther—The man who changed the church – led by Pastor Clint
Craft Items Needed at Recharge
Clear glassware needed for Recharge crafts
Containers should be at least 4 inches deep, but deeper is better! Mouth should be at least 6 inches wide, but wider is better! These will be used to make terrariums with succulent plants Need at least 7 containers by January 24, 2018.
Notice: Our 2nd Semester Dues Are Due January 10th….
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week snacks will be provided by Rhonda Reekers. We need more snack providers.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Accura Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Vicki Grems recovering from knee surgery.
- Ruth Nolting recovering from ankle surgery.
- Emma Jenness on a mission trip to Haiti.
- Seth Voss as he travels to Switzerland.
- Betty VanderZwaag having medical issues.
- Mike May, Jr. surgery was successful, awaiting further tests.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird recovering at Pearl Valley Rehab Center in Estherville.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- John Williams daughter battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes’ cancer returned.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she adapts to her partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- No Act II at the High School office
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Annual Congregational Metting – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation -10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Dennis Colton
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles, Leo Kofoot & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Dave Graanstra & Brianna Pratt
Usher/Greeter – Bernie VanRoekel
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Sound & Power Point – Pratt family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA