Your Weekly Update
Please join our church family for our Ash Wednesday Service on Wednesday, February 14th at 7pm.
Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper
Feb 18 – It all starts with Jesus – wrong ideas about Christ
Feb 25 – Divine Math – wrong ideas about the Trinity and the nature of Christ
Mar 4 – Following Jesus – Wrong ideas about discipleship, faith and forgiveness
Mar 11 – The choices we make – Wrong ideas about freedom and free-will
Mar 18 – Exceedingly blessed – wrong ideas about wealth and prosperity
Mar 25 – Everything is Awesome – wrong ideas about truth and tolerance
A sign-up sheet for soup, bread, veggies, and dessert is posted in the narthex.
Bible Study: will follow (5:30ish)
Thank you to all of those who made this year’s Valentine’s Dinner a great success! From the students, to the parent leaders, to everyone who enjoyed the night of fellowship and food, your presence, prayers, and support for our youth bring us together as one family in Christ.
Parenting & Technology
6th-12th grade parents are invited to join Pastor Michael for his new Recharge class where he is exploring the challenges and opportunities for parenting in our tech-connected world. Class begins at 6:20pm in the “music room” in the Education wing of the church (to the left of the gym door).
Rides to Church
The Deacons are willing to provide rides for anyone who needs rides, especially this winter. Contact the church for rides and they will get ahold of the Deacons.
Wednesday, February 14th
Meal Crew: Jack & Sherryl Jones, Doug & Barb Johnson
Meal Crew Helpers are Needed!
Adult Ed Classes
- Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses
- Martin Luther—The man who changed the church – led by Pastor Clint
- Parenting & Technology – led by Pastor Michael
Notice: Our 2nd Semester Dues Are Due
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week snacks will be provided by Sunday School. Next week’s snacks will be provided by Donnenwerth family.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Accura Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in a Baby Bottle Campaign to benefit the Cherish Center. Baby bottles are available for you to pick up and fill with your loose change or any other way you would like to help.
In 2012, Pizza Ranch partnered with the Tesfa Foundation to support three schools located in the coffee growing region of Ethiopia. The schools, operated by the Tesfa Foundation, bring education to nearly 700 students who would not otherwise have access to early childhood and primary school education.
If you are interested in purchasing coffee to help support children’s education, please contact the office at 336-1649 or email@example.com
- Melody Payton having cancer tests.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls, Jen Watts Dad, diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes having a bone scan.
- Kathy Nygaard starting another round of chemotherapy.
- Wilma Clauson recovering at Accura.
- Marvella VanKlompenburg recovering from knee surgery.
- Carla Radcliffe recovering from emergency appendectomy.
- India Shippley recovering from a car accident.
- Steve Thompson hospitalized with heart issues.
- Blake Smith suffering with health issues.
- Christy Miller suffering with influenza.
- John Knabe’s nephew Dietrich surgery to repair brain bleed.
- Gary Eaton suffering with shingles.
- Vicki Grems recovering from knee surgery.
- Ruth Nolting recovering from ankle surgery.
- Betty VanderZwaag having medical issues.
- Mike May, Jr. surgery and follow up tests were successful.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird recovering at Pearl Valley Rehab Center in Estherville.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- Reba Williams battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson’s cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she adapts to her partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Ash Wednesday Service – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Cosmic Tubing – 5pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation -10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Comm Mtg Meeting – 5:15pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Steve & Jan Richards, Ron Niebruegge & Tom Brodie
Greeters – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Carter Lambert & Annika Stecker
Usher/Greeter – Josh, Dana, Lucas & Leah Bolluyt
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Sound & Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA