Your Weekly Update
Coming March 21st…“Ask the Pastors”
Michael has put together a form on our web site that will let users submit questions, and then we will use class periods on Sundays and Wednesdays to do our best to answer them.
The idea is that there may be things that people have wondered, want explained, or don’t understand about church, theology, Bible, etc. This will give you all a chance to submit them anonymously and give us a little lead time to think about them and do some homework if needed. Click here to ask your question!
Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper
Mar 18 – Exceedingly blessed – wrong ideas about wealth and prosperity
Mar 25 – Everything is Awesome – wrong ideas about truth and tolerance
This Year the Lenten Bible Study will also be accessible on our website and via podcast. For more information check out our website at fpcspiritlake.org/podcast
A sign-up sheet for soup, bread, veggies, and dessert is posted in the narthex.
Bible Study: will follow (5:30ish)
Again this year, our lilies will have even more meaning. We have decided to add to the cost of each lily and use these proceeds to benefit Discovery House. So while we celebrate the resurrection, we will also be ministering to people less fortunate. The lily alone will be $11.00, but if you choose to give to our Discovery House mission, it will be $15.00. Please call Cheri at the church office at 336-1649 to place your order, and please let us know if this is in memory of, or honoring someone.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Wednesday, March 14th
Meal: Husbands Delight
Meal Crew: Edna VanderWolde
Meal Crew Helpers are Needed!
Adult Ed Classes
- Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses
- Martin Luther—The man who changed the church – led by Pastor Clint
- Parenting & Technology – led by Pastor Michael
Parenting & Technology
6th-12th grade parents are invited to join Pastor Michael for his new Recharge class where he is exploring the challenges and opportunities for parenting in our tech-connected world. Class begins at 6:20pm in the “music room” in the Education wing of the church (to the left of the gym door).
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week snacks will be provided by Edna VanderWolde. Snack Providers Needed!
ILCC Spring Musical
~~1940’s Radio Hour~~
The story is about a radio company that is doing its last show before Christmas 1942. That fictitious radio broadcast is to go out to the troops fighting over seas in WWII and of course, the local air waves. ILCC wants to honor our area veterans for this show.
30 tickets have been purchased for the dinner/show for Saturday, March 24th. Dinner choices are Prime Rib, Chicken & Tilapia. If you are wanting to purchase tickets for March 24th, please contact Wayne Johnson at 339-7464 or email him at email@example.com
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Accura Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Our Daily Bread Devotionals
The March, April, May “Our Daily Bread” devotionals are here and ready for you to pick up.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Baby Bottle Campaign
Baby Bottles are due back to the church.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family and friends of Rhonda Wedeking on the passing of her Mom, Bev Rush, this past week.
- Shannon Siefker recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink beginning new infusion procedure.
- Kathy Nygaard continued chemo treatments.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning Hospice.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Mike & Sue Ewen has family health issues.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Barbie, Ruth Ann Kelly’s aunt, recovering from a fall.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mickey Arneson recovering from surgery.
- Eldon Haas hospitalized this week.
- Jocelyn Kitzinger recovering from elbow surgery.
- Samantha Vos recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Carol Armstrong recovering at Accura in Milford from knee surgery.
- Mandy Roger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Cassandra Nielsen recovering from serious illness.
- Melody Peyton started cancer treatments in Chicago
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
- Wilma Clauson recovering at Accura.
- India Shippley recovering from a car accident.
- Steve Thompson hospitalized with heart issues.
- Blake Smith suffering with health issues.
- John Knabe’s nephew Dietrich surgery to repair brain bleed.
- Gary Eaton suffering with shingles.
- Vicki Grems recovering from knee surgery.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird recovering at Pearl Valley Rehab Center in Estherville.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- Reba Williams battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson’s cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Projects Day – 9:30am-noon
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation -10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting w/Confirmands – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – Pam DenHerder
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar and Brett & Nancy Thacker
Greeters – Joy Albert & Mavis Palmer
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins & Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Meghan Humphrey
Usher/Greeter – The Johnson family
Nursery – Natasha Nelson
Sound & Power Point – Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA