Your Weekly Update
5th & 6th Grade Outing
June 15th—Okoboji Classic Cars,
Bobs, and Incredibles 2
Join us for a day of triple fun! We will start with a tour of Okoboji Classic Cars by our own resident tour guide Wayne Johnson, followed by dinner at Bobs, and then an evening showing of the new Disney/Pixar movie Incredibles 2. We will meet at Okoboji Classic Cars at 3:45pm and be done with the movie by 9:00pm. There is no registration cost for this event as all events have been generously paid for by an anonymous church donor. Additional information regarding logistics will be emailed the week of the event. Friends are welcome and registration will be open through to June 12th on our website at “fpcspiritlake.org/register”.
My heartfelt thanks for your care and concern following my recent surgery. I really appreciated your phone calls, visits, cards, food, flowers and prayers. I feel blessed to have you as my church family.
Anniversary Open House for Kirk & Judy Jensen
Join us for a celebration of our parents’ milestone of 40 years of marriage! Please come & go between 3-5 pm at Okoboji Brewing Company this Saturday, June 16th.
Children’s Church is our beloved summer alternative worship experience designed for students Pre-K through 4th grade during the month of June. Immediately following the children’s sermon in the sanctuary, children will be invited to follow an adult leader to our Christian Education wing to participate in a time of songs, Bible lessons, music, and games. Students will be served a snack just for them immediately following Children’s Church, and parents can pick up their student at the end of the hallway in our Christian Education wing following worship. As always, parents who desire to keep their students with them to worship are encouraged to do so and our regular Sunday School time will resume in September.
Break the Cycle 200
(formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://fpcspiritlake.org/200
to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. A sign up sheet is located in the narthex. Thanks.
VBS 2018 Registration is now open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
High School Mission Trip Logistics Volunteers Needed
If you are interested in helping plan a dinner and entertainment for the upcoming youth Mission Trip, please contact Pastor Michael who is putting together a small team to help organize some of the logistics of hosting our guests from New York City. The team’s work will mostly be handled via email and phone calls and will be very limited in time. Thank you in advance to our whole congregation who invests in these life changing mission opportunities!
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 17th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
PW Birthday Party at Accura
Mary/Martha Circle Bible Study of PW is hosting the June Birthday Party at Accura on Friday, June 29th. If you would like to join us, please call the church office at 336-1649.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Connecting & Communicating with a Person with Dementia
A presentation and discussion will be held on Wednesday, June 13th at Keelson Harbour Community Room from 6-7pm.
Communicating and connecting effectively with a person who is living with dementia is not something that comes naturally to everyone. Please join us to learn more about dementia, ask questions and gain insight to help you maintain an enjoyable, productive relationship with your family member or friend.
Discovery House Porch Parties
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Dean Poyzer on his passing this past week. Dean’s memorial service will be held on Thursday, June 14th here at FPC at 10:30am.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Macy Jennings going through treatment/recovery of lyme disease.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Jim Watts, Sr. returned to Sioux Falls with infection.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Michael May having more blood tests after colon cancer surgery in January.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Terry Bartels has health concerns.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Russ Thomson who has moved in to Accura.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- John Heim recovering from a fall.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Mary Ann Jansen recovering at home.
- Wayne Johnson recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Amy Sill recovering at home after a fall.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay Fitzgerald dealing with health issues..
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Memorial Service for Dean Poyzer – 10:30am
- 5th & 6th Grade Outing – 3:45pm
- PW Rummage Sale – 4-7pm
- PW Rummage Sale – 8am-noon
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – Nor Top
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Lisa Richter family
Greeters – JoAnn Asa & Norm Meinking
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Pat Butler & Milt Nolting
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler & Emma Loveall
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jim & Mary Quitno
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt, Dave Graanstra, Rachelle Gewecke, Dan Hoerichs, Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Jerry & Judy Erickson
Nursery – Milly & Claire Tillotson
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA