Your Weekly Update
Break the Cycle 200
(formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://fpcspiritlake.org/200
to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. A sign up sheet is located in the narthex. Thanks.
Children’s Church is our beloved summer alternative worship experience designed for students Pre-K through 4th grade during the month of June. Immediately following the children’s sermon in the sanctuary, children will be invited to follow an adult leader to our Christian Education wing to participate in a time of songs, Bible lessons, music, and games. Students will be served a snack just for them immediately following Children’s Church, and parents can pick up their student at the end of the hallway in our Christian Education wing following worship. As always, parents who desire to keep their students with them to worship are encouraged to do so and our regular Sunday School time will resume in September.
Youth Mission Trip
The Youth Mission Trip participants will be serving the St. Francis House of Sioux Falls, SD on their upcoming mission trip. The Congregational Life is gathering items to donate for the physical needs of their residents.
The St. Francis House’s mission statement: Moving people from homelessness to hope.
- Basketball shorts (any size)
- Med-Large T-shirts
- Socks (any size)
- Underwear (any size)
- Sports Bras (any size)
- Foot powder
- Light bulbs
- Sharpie Markers
- Postage stamps
- Post it notes
- Scotch tape
- Coffee Creamer
- Feminine hygiene products
Thanks for considering donating to this ministry. We can touch this ministry not only by having our youth serve them in person, but also assisting in their physical needs. You may bring donations to the wagon and/or boxes in the Narthex. Please have donations to the church by Sunday, July 8th.
VBS 2018 Registration is now open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
PW Birthday Party at Accura
Mary/Martha Circle Bible Study of PW is hosting the June Birthday Party at Accura on Friday, June 29th. If you would like to join us, please call the church office at 336-1649.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Terry Bartels having surgery this week.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Macy Jennings going through treatment/recovery of lyme disease.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Jim Watts, Sr. returned to Sioux Falls with infection.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Michael May having more blood tests after colon cancer surgery in January.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Mary Ann Jansen recovering at home.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay Fitzgerald dealing with health issues..
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Break the Cycle 200 Breakfast – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No PW Sewing
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Owen Primavera
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Lisa Richter family
Greeters – JoAnn Asa & Norm Meinking
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Mike Reekers
Nursery – Amy Webber & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Serena Lynch, Meghan Humphrey, Adrie Stecker, Rachelle Gewecke, Spencer Carlson, Gary Lambert, Logan Newhouse
Greeter/Usher – Jerry & Judy Erickson
Nursery – Lindsay VanderWolde
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA