Your Weekly Update
FPC Welcomes Tom Ditsworth to the Staff!
We are glad to announce that Tom Ditsworth has come on board as our Building Manager. First Pres. has a long history of taking care of the buildings and grounds of the congregation and we are grateful that Tom will be continuing this tradition. Tom brings a wealth of experience and knowledge and is already well known in the church family. Tom will be overseeing Building usage, Maintenance, Sound Booth, and other various duties and we are grateful to have him join the FPC staff. Let Tom know if you have Building related questions or concerns, or simply welcome him and thank him for serving.
Youth Mission Trip
The Youth Mission Trip participants will be serving the St. Francis House of Sioux Falls, SD on their upcoming mission trip. The Congregational Life is gathering items to donate for the physical needs of their residents.
The St. Francis House’s mission statement: Moving people from homelessness to hope.
- Basketball shorts (any size)
- Med-Large T-shirts
- Socks (any size)
- Underwear (any size)
- Sports Bras (any size)
- Foot powder
- Light bulbs
- Sharpie Markers
- Postage stamps
- Post it notes
- Scotch tape
- Coffee Creamer
- Feminine hygiene products
Thanks for considering donating to this ministry. We can touch this ministry not only by having our youth serve them in person, but also assisting in their physical needs. You may bring donations to the wagon and/or boxes in the Narthex. Please have donations to the church by Sunday, July 8th.
Adopt-a-Highway Clean Up
Everyone is invited to join the FPC Adopt-A-Highway for clean-up scheduled for this evening at 6pm. Please park North of Great Lakes Motors in the empty lot. Social time following at McKeen’s.
VBS 2018 Registration is now open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
The Okoboji Foundation is pleased to announce that the $5,000 July Nonprofit Challenge will again be taking place. The way the challenge works is that we encourage others to join you in a gift of any size. The Nonprofit with the highest amount received in July, over $5,000, wins an additional $5,000. To give you may go to GiveOkoboji.com and click on First Presbyterian Church link or you may make a check payable to FPC with OK Foundation in the memo.
PW Birthday Party at Accura
Mary/Martha Circle Bible Study of PW is hosting the June Birthday Party at Accura on Friday, June 29th. If you would like to join us, please call the church office at 336-1649.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Sandy Krout having surgery Thursday, June 28th.
- Terry Bartels recovering from surgery and good report.
- Bennett Stecker taking his last treatment.
- Merrill Sebastian recovering from a stroke.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Macy Jennings going through treatment/recovery of lyme disease.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- PW Birthday Party at Accura – 2pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Ruth Ann Kelly
Ushers – Doug & Karen Kaiser and Bob & Lynn Peterson
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Kyley Anderson & June Howatt
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Liz Steiner, Pressley Cochran Bray, Marissa Sill, Annika Stecker, Spencer Carlson, Dave Boon, Gary Lambert
Greeter/Usher – Bernie VanRoekel
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt
Sound/Power Point –
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA