Your Weekly Update
In September our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar has been placed on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
After nearly 12 years of faithful service, John Calsbeek is resigning from his position of Finance Manager at First Pres. John has done a terrific job and will be missed. We are grateful for his service and wish him all the best in whatever comes next.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Karen Byers recovering from horse accident.
- Jamie Phillips recovering after hospitalization.
- Seattle Sweeney leaves this week for a year in Germany.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Macy Jennings began medication for lymes disease.
- Gertrude Shipley recovering from receiving a pacemaker.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Pat Butler recovering from hip surgery.
- Paul Ostendorf battling health issues.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Chevelle, baby who is very ill in Rochester.
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Terry Bartels recovering from surgery and good report.
- Bennett Stecker has taken his last treatment.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Jake & Ruth DeJong’s 60th Anniversary Celebration – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Donna Harms
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Kelly Swancutt & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Brett & Nancy Thacker
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler & Emma Jenness
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jake & Ruth DeJong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Serena Lynch, Brianna Pratt, Dave Graanstra, Annika Stecker, Rachelle Gewecke, Dave Boon, Logan Newhouse
Greeter/Usher – Paul Johnson
Nursery – Sarah Dirks
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA