Your Weekly Update
In September our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar has been placed on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study normally held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study is currently being held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Keith Beyers recovering from horse accidents.
- Derrick Drinovsky, friend of Hope Haven staff, with upcoming knee surgery.
- Jim & Kene Gayle, as Jim recovers from a stroke and head injuries.
- Ivan Klive, friend of Kelly Swancutt
- Karen Byers recovering from horse accident.
- Jamie Phillips recovering after hospitalization.
- Seattle Sweeney leaves this week for a year in Germany.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Macy Jennings began medication for lymes disease.
- Gertrude Shipley recovering from receiving a pacemaker.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Pat Butler recovering from hip surgery.
- Paul Ostendorf battling health issues.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Chevelle, baby who is very ill in Rochester.
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- PWCT Meeting – 4:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No PW Sewing
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Jake DeJong
Ushers – Chuck & Gloria Ditsworth, Kelly Swancutt & John Calsbeek
Greeters – Brett & Nancy Thacker
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Milt Nolting
Nursery – Amy Webber & Emma Loveall
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Adrie Stecker, Meghan Humphrey, Kaitlyn Nelson Rachelle Gewecke, Dan Hoerichs, & Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Judy & Jerry Erickson
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Sound/Power Point – Craig & Abby Tillotson
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA