Your Weekly Update
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign-up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org/football
High School Parent Meeting
All 9th-12th grade students and their parents are invited to join Pastor Michael and the E5 planning team on September 5th starting at 5:30pm in the Fireside room for a great meal and to learn more about the variety of youth ministries available in our congregation from the Act II bible study, to our regular Wednesday youth group, to our summer mission trip, and fellowship activities. Regardless of your interests, there are plenty of ways for students to plug into the ministry life of our congregation.
High School Fifth-Quarter Lock-In Rescheduled
All high school students are invited to join us following the football game on September 14th for a fifth-quarter overnight lock-in at the church. We will have a great night full of snacks, fun, and games. We will start with large group night games around 9:30pm and also have time later in the evening for Fortnite and other small group games until dismissal at 7:00am. There is no cost but if you intend to join us for the lock-in please notify Pastor Michael by next Wednesday, September 12th!
Soup & Pie Supper Meeting
The Soup Supper Committee welcomes any and all input for our upcoming Soup & Pie Supper. If you have…
- Ideas to share
- Like to brainstorm
- Like to plan
…please join us on Monday, September 10th at the church at 11am. Lunch is provided. Please notify the office if you are staying for lunch, so we know how many to plan for.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Thank You Ditch Clean-Up Crews
Thank you to all FPC members and friends for helping with our Ditch Clean-Up this summer. A great time was had by all, and the social event after was a huge success and a great way to get to know other church members and friends. A special thank you to Wayne Johnson for arranging the vests and the garbage bags.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Eldon Haas recovering from surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering at Lake Park Care Center.
- Marlene Noll recovering from surgery.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Kieth Tadlock recovering from pacemaker replacement.
- Wilma Kruse recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Jo Megill recovering from hip surgery.
- Brent Kasson receiving treatments.
- Macy Jennings antibiotics extended two more weeks .
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Mark Voss recovering from knee surgery.
- Sharon Ringsdorf recovering from knee surgery.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
- Wes Radcliffe recovering from ear surgery.
- Cassandra Canaban (Great-Granddaughter of Mary Cornell) dealing with health issues.
- John Heim doing physical therapy in Omaha.
- Kristen (Jenkins) diagnosed with a blood disease.
- JD Jenkins ongoing health issues.
- Brenda Wilson recovering from serious fall.
- Peter Knabe recovering from broken jaw.
- Dave Fagen diagnosed with leukemia.
- Melody Peyton’s cancer has returned.
- Bob Huls recovering at home with Home Health Care.
- Keith Byers recovering from horse accident.
- Derrick Drinovsky, friend of Hope Haven staff, with upcoming knee surgery.
- Jim & Kene Gayle, as Jim recovers from a stroke and head injuries.
- Ivan Kleeve, friend of Kelly Swancutt.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- HS Parent Meeting & Cookout – 5:30pm
- Handbell Choir Practice – 7pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 3:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at WelLife – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Soup Supper Planning Meeting – 11am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study begins – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Randy & Vonda Buchman and Jack & Sherryl Jones
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Angie Peterson
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jim & Mary Quitno
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Annika Stecker, Carter Lambert, Rachelle Gewecke, Gary Lambert, Dave Boon, Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Dave & Nancy Dau
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA