Your Weekly Update
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign-up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org/football
Wednesday, September 19th
Meal: Sloppy Joes
Meal Crew: Volunteers Needed!
Men & Women’s Bible Studies
Our Men & Women’s Bible Studies continue to be led by Pastor Clint. The Men meet on Thursday mornings at 9am and the Women meet on Tuesday afternoons at 1:30pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
First Presbyterian Church will be hosting our Soup & Pie Supper on Wednesday, October 17th. This is an all church event and we need many helping hands to make this a success. Please sign-up on the sheets located in the library window.
Sunday Morning Adult Ed
Beginning Sunday, September 23rd
The Book of Genesis
A look at where it all began. Join us as we begin working our way through the first, and perhaps most significant, book in the Old Testament. We will journey together through Genesis exploring what it says about God, Nature, people, and our world and we will examine the key players in the earliest history of people interacting with God. Bring your Bible and your questions as we discover what Scripture does and doesn’t teach about our origins and our existence.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Missing Your Pans and Bowls??
With our Soup & Pie Supper right around the corner, we need lots of space in the kitchen. Please stop by the cart in the narthex to see if your pan or bowl is here. Thank you!!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Talk SAVES Lives: A brief introduction to suicide prevention
Come learn the warning signs and risk factors of suicide, and how together, we can help prevent it.
September 19, 2018, 7pm
Sami Bedell Center
Keynote Speaker: Ryan Nesbit
Music by: Spencer Carlson
RSVP to Chris Spaeth at email@example.com or 712.260.0053
- Gary Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Caila Corcoran having surgery this week.
- Joyce Ackerman recovering from a fall at Accura.
- Bob Huls who has been placed on Hospice Care.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a broken arm.
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Martha Woodard recovering from hospitalization.
- Steve Kwikkle diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Bill Kramer recovering from a heart attack.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering at Lake Park Care Center.
- Marlene Noll recovering from surgery.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Wilma Kruse recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Jo Megill recovering from hip surgery.
- Brent Kasson receiving treatments.
- Macy Jennings antibiotics extended two more weeks .
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Sharon Ringsdorf recovering from knee surgery.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
- Cassandra Canaban (Great-Granddaughter of Mary Cornell) dealing with health issues.
- John Heim doing physical therapy in Omaha.
- Kristen (Jenkins) diagnosed with a blood disease.
- JD Jenkins ongoing health issues.
- Brenda Wilson recovering from serious fall.
- Peter Knabe recovering from broken jaw.
- Dave Fagen diagnosed with leukemia.
- Melody Peyton’s cancer has returned.
- Derrick Drinovsky recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Gayle recovering from a stroke and head injuries.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge begins – 5:30pm
- HS Youth Group – 7pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:20am @Spirit Lake HS Office
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation Kickoff – 10:15am
- Adult Ed begins – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Kris Oldson
Ushers – Randy & Vonda Buchman and Jack & Sherryl Jones
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jake & Ruth DeJong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Serena Lynch, Adrie Stecker, Meghan Humphrey, Rachelle Gewecke, Dan Hoerichs, Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Paul Johnson
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Sound/Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA