Your Weekly Update
Worship, Service, and Lunch!!
Our Combined Worship Service scheduled for October 21st has been postponed until Sunday, November 11th, we will have a combined service at 9:00am and following worship we will be packing meals with “Kids Against Hunger.” Following that service project, we will be serving a soup and sandwich lunch for anyone who would like to stay. All are welcome and this will be a great event for families and children (of all ages)! We hope you will join us for a great morning.
Schedule – November 11th
9:00 – “Mostly acoustic” worship service in the sanctuary
10:00 – Meal packing in the fellowship hall for Kids Against Hunger
Around Noon – Soup and sandwich lunch
Hope to see you there!
NOVEMBER 11th…We need some help
This Sunday we will be having one service,
followed by meal packing to feed hungry kids and adults around the world. We need some help that morning in order to get everything set up. We are asking anyone who could help carry in supplies or set up workstations to gather in the fellowship hall at 7:30am. Then we are asking anyone who would be willing to be trained as a crew leader to be here at 8:30am and also to meet in the Fellowship Hall. Neither task should take long, and we are grateful for the help. Also, please be aware that a collection will be taken that morning to offset the cost of the supplies and the transportation of the food which gets packed. The mission committee has kindly funded half of the total cost, which still leaves about $3000 to cover through donations. Help in any of these areas is very much appreciated. Thank you!
High School Pie Auction
The Pie Auction signup begins this week! Can you help us fund-raise for this year’s mission trip by making a pie or a baked goodie? Be sure to mark down the Pie Auction on your calendars for November 18th so that you don’t miss all of the festivities! We are excited to share some of the early details about this year’s youth mission trip (along with an exciting announcement you won’t want to miss). Thank you for helping us to raise funds to make these life changing experiences possible for our students. See you there!
Dear First Presbyterian Church-
I want to thank you for allowing Pastor Loveall the opportunity to work with the young men on the football team. The influence and impact he has on these young men and our coaching staff is amazing. He is daily planting seeds of hope and encouragement in us all. I also want to thank the church for continuing to provide breakfasts on Friday morning for the guys on the team. For many of them it is the only time they come to church. Starting our day with a great meal and listening to Pastor Loveall is a blessing. We are so thankful for the church family at First Presbyterian.
Congregational Meeting Date Change
Our Congregational Meeting will be held immediately following our Reformed Worship Service on Sunday, November 25th at 10am for the election of new officers. All members are encouraged to attend.
Recharge Craft supply requests
Hair dryers (for quickly drying wet projects)
Fiber fill (for a pillow project)
Please leave supplies in the craft room. Thanks!
Operation Christmas Child is so much more than delighting a child in need with a simple gift. In the hands of local churches, every gift-filled shoebox is a powerful tool for evangelism and discipleship – transforming the lives of children and their families around the world through the Good News of Jesus Christ! After receiving shoebox gifts, boys and girls are invited to enroll in The Greatest Journey, our 12-lesson discipleship program where children learn what it means to faithfully follow Christ and share their faith with others.
Please consider packing a shoebox this fall. Pick up a pre-printed shoebox and a brochure from the library window. All shoebox gifts are due back to the church by Sunday, November 11th, please remember the $9 shipping fee.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. A schedule of activities and semester pricing are both listed below. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, November 7th
Meal: Chicken & Noodles
Meal Crew: Pat Thomson
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!
Adult Ed Classes:
Women’s Bible Study– Rachelle Gewecke
Walk As Jesus Walked-Ray Miller
Major Religions-Pastor Clint
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Brett & Nancy Thacker on the passing of Nancy’s Dad, Glen Hundley, this past week. Glen’s memorial service will be held at Schuchert Lentz Funeral home on Thursday, November 8th at 1pm.
- Ruth DeJong recovering at home.
- Dave Bartels recovering from surgery.
- Keith Swancutt having angioplasty this week.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Gloria Ditsworth recovering from knee surgery.
- Beth Primavera recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Bill (friends of the Petersons) receiving cancer treatments.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Pauly Eaton recovering from a fall.
- Jack Burrell recovering from knee surgery.
- Chuck Dunn recovering from surgery.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Gary Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Caila Corcoran recovering from surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a broken arm.
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Bill Kramer recovering from a heart attack.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Wilma Kruse recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Jo Megill recovering from hip surgery.
- Brent Kasson receiving treatments.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Adult Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am @ Spirit Lake HS Office
- 7th & 8th Grade Traveling Lock-In – 5pm
- Combined Worship Service – 9:00am
- Meal Packing for Kids Against Hunger – 10am
- Sunday School for Pre K – 2nd Grade – 10:15am
- No Confirmation
- No Adult Ed
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 5:30pm
Combined Worship Service ~ 9:00am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Kirk Jensen
Ushers – Daryl & Elaine Doorenbos, Sandy Krout & Deb Ditsworth
Greeters – Art & Phyllis Attema
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA