Your Weekly Update
The High School Sunday School Class wants to thank the congregation for the FIN (Families In Need) donations!! We were able to fill eight baskets and bless eight families. Thank you so much for caring, for giving, and for being such a generous congregation.
The High School Sunday School Class
Calling all Sound Booth volunteers, “Save The Date”, January 13th for pizza and Sound Tech training. Time will be announced soon! Questions, please see Tom Ditsworth.
Mentorship has been the most loved part of our Confirmation program since its inception. It is an incredible time for each student to have a personal connection with an adult disciple of Christ who can journey with them in their final stages of Confirmation. We will need 23 Confirmation mentors this year, if you are willing to accompany a student on this incredible journey of faith, please contact Pastor Michael. All Confirmation parents, students, and mentors are asked to attend class on January 20th when mentors are assigned and the program is explained in greater detail.
PW Sewing (Quilters)
Beginning Monday, January 7th, the PW Sewers are trying something new. They will meet once a month on the 1st Monday of the month from 9am – 4pm. If you are able to come for all or part of that time, we would love to have you joins us. They will have a potluck lunch, so bring a dish to share such as sandwiches, soup, salad or dessert. Hope to see you there!
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
PW Sewing (Quilting)
Beginning January 7th, the PW Sewers are trying something new. We will meet once a month on the 1st Monday of the month from 9am – 4pm. If you are able to come all or part of that time, we would love to have you join us. We are also going to have a potluck lunch where you would bring a dish to share such as sandwiches, soup, salad, dessert. If you have any questions, please contact Vernice Wahl. Hope to see you there!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. A schedule of activities and semester pricing are both listed below. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, December 26th, January 2nd & 9th
Adult Ed Classes:
Women’s Bible Study – Rachelle Gewecke
With All Your Heart – Ray Miller
Major Religions – Pastor Clint
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Marvin Stockdale dealing with health issues.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering at home.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Donna Rieck recovering from knee surgery.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Kathy Nygaard admitted to hospice care.
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Scott & Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Pat Lamoureux dealing with cancer.
- Marcia Hill continued recovery.
- Connie Rohlk rehabbing a broken kneecap at Longhouse Care Center, Spencer.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Gloria Ditsworth recovering from knee surgery.
- Beth Primavera recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Pauly Eaton recovering from a fall.
- Jack Burrell recovering from knee surgery.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Gary Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- No Weekly Prayer
- No Recharge
- No Adult Handbell Choir practice
- No HS Youth Group
- No Chancel Choir practice
- No Men’s Bible Study
- No ACT II
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- No Sunday School
- No Confirmation
- No Adult Ed
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
Office Closes at Noon
- No PW Sewing
- No Women’s Bible Study
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Kelly Swancutt
Ushers – Ron Niebruegge, Gene Ringsdorf, Doug Johnson & Tom Brodie
Greeters – Warren & Barb Jager
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – April Krull
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Dave Graanstra, Dan Hoerichs, Gary Lambert, Brianna Pratt, Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Jerry & Judy Erickson
Nursery: Lindsay VanderWolde
Sound/PowerPoint: Pratt family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA