Your Weekly Update
Calling all Sound Booth volunteers, “Save The Date”, January 13th for pizza and Sound Tech training. Time will be announced soon! Questions, please see Tom Ditsworth.
Mentorship has been the most loved part of our Confirmation program since its inception. It is an incredible time for each student to have a personal connection with an adult disciple of Christ who can journey with them in their final stages of Confirmation. We will need 23 Confirmation mentors this year, if you are willing to accompany a student on this incredible journey of faith, please contact Pastor Michael. All Confirmation parents, students, and mentors are asked to attend class on January 20th when mentors are assigned and the program is explained in greater detail.
In February our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes.
You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar will be placed on an easel in the Narthex in January for you to sign up on, please include your cell phone number. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
New Year’s Zumba
Start the year off right and join Kat Grems, a licensed Zumba instructor and also a regular attender at our second service, for a fun opportunity to dance and workout to popular Christian music. Kat will be leading the popular dance class for free every Saturday in the month of January at 10:00am in the church gym. Registration is not necessary and all you need is to come ready to dance and have fun!
Act II will resume with normal Sunday School classes on January 17th. All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group during lunch in the Spirit Lake High School conference room. You are invited! Come and dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ in the new year. See you there!
Recharge will begin on Jan. 23rd with our first ever “W-Term” this year. From Jan. 23rd-Feb. 27th we will be focusing on fellowship and worship and featuring numerous guest leaders, instead of our normal classes and youth programming. Come at 5:30pm for a family meal and then later join us at 6:10pm for an intergenerational worship service. Though Children’s Church will be provided for Pre-K through 3rd grade, all students and families are strongly encouraged to worship together. 4th-5th grades will be offered crafts with Jill Jennings and 7th-8th grades will continue to practice bells. More information will be released in the beginning of January.
PW Sewing (Quilters)
Beginning Monday, January 7th, the PW Sewers (Quilters) are trying something new. They will meet once a month on the 1st Monday of the month from 9am – 4pm. If you are able to come for all or part of that time, we would love to have you joins us. They will have a potluck lunch, so bring a dish to share such as sandwiches, soup, salad or dessert. Hope to see you there!
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. A schedule of activities and semester pricing are both listed below. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, January 2nd & 9th
Adult Ed Classes:
Women’s Bible Study – Rachelle Gewecke
With All Your Heart – Ray Miller
Major Religions – Pastor Clint
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Tom Brodie on the passing of his brother-in-law, Larry Gearke.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of June Goldman on the passing of her husband, Karl Kiilsholm, this past week. Karl’s Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, January 5th, 10:30am at Turner Jenness Funeral Home.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Don Clauson on the passing of his wife, Wilma, this past week. Wilma’s Memorial Service will be held here at FPC on Friday, January 4th at 1:30pm.
- June Goldman has been hopitalized.
- Jay Anderson fever and not feeling well.
- Pat Swancutt hospitalized with pneumonia.
- Gary Eaton having heart concerns.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Marvin Stockdale dealing with health issues.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Kathy Nygaard admitted to hospice care.
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Pat Lamoureux dealing with cancer.
- Connie Rohlk rehabbing a broken kneecap at Longhouse Care Center, Spencer.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- No Weekly Prayer
- No Recharge
- No Adult Handbell Choir practice
- No HS Youth Group
- No Chancel Choir practice
- No Men’s Bible Study
- No ACT II
- Zumba Class here at FPC – 10am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Congregational Life Committee Mtg – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Confirmation
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am – 4pm (Bring a dish to share for lunch)
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Michael Gewecke
Ushers – Leo Kofoot, Jan Bowles, Edna VanderWolde
Greeters – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Usher/Greeter: Jerry & Judy Erickson
Nursery: Lindsay VanderWolde & Molly VanDyke
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA