Your Weekly Update
Sound System Training
Today is a great day to learn something new!
Come see our new Sound System, learn more about it and discover the great things it offers for our church services and other activities held here!
Join us on Sunday, January 13th from 5 – 7pm. We will start in fellowship hall to watch a brief demonstration on the new screen, enjoy pizza, and then hear upstairs for demonstrations on the new equipment.
Please RSVP so we have enough food to Tom Ditsworth at 330-6553 or 336-1649.
Mentorship has been the most loved part of our Confirmation program since its inception. It is an incredible time for each student to have a personal connection with an adult disciple of Christ who can journey with them in their final stages of Confirmation. We will need 23 Confirmation mentors this year, if you are willing to accompany a student on this incredible journey of faith, please contact Pastor Michael. All Confirmation parents, students, and mentors are asked to attend class on January 20th when mentors are assigned and the program is explained in greater detail.
We would like to express our heartfelt thanks for your many kindnesses and expressions of sympathy surrounding Wilma’s recent passing. We so appreciate all the acts of service, visits, cards and memorials in her name. We have chosen to direct memorials to Lakes Regional Hospice and the Presbyterian Women of our church.
Don Clauson & family
Adult Handbell & Chancel Choir
The adult handbells (7:00 PM) and adult choir (8:00 PM) will start back up on Wednesday, January 9th.
Ordination/Installation of Elders & Deacons
All newly elected elders and deacons will be ordained/installed on Sunday, January 13th during both of our Worship Services.
Annual Congregational Meeting
The Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 20th , immediately following our Reformed Service. All members are encouraged to attend.
In February our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes.
You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar will be placed on an easel in the Narthex in January for you to sign up on, please include your cell phone number. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
New Year’s Zumba
Start the year off right and join Kat Grems, a licensed Zumba instructor and also a regular attender at our second service, for a fun opportunity to dance and workout to popular Christian music. Kat will be leading the popular dance class for free every Saturday in the month of January at 10:00am in the church gym. Registration is not necessary and all you need is to come ready to dance and have fun!
Act II will resume with normal Sunday School classes on January 17th. All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group during lunch in the Spirit Lake High School conference room. You are invited! Come and dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ in the new year. See you there!
Winter Wonderland Social at WEL-Life
January 19, 2019
Our Winter Wonderland social is when we showcase Snowmen. Snowmen may be brought in to display any time before January 19th and taken home after the Social. We will also have our traditional Snowman Soup and other treats for everyone to enjoy. The Alexander Boys will provide entertainment beginning at 2:00pm.
Recharge will begin on Jan. 23rd with our first ever “W-Term” this year. From Jan. 23rd-Feb. 27th we will be focusing on fellowship and worship and featuring numerous guest leaders, instead of our normal classes and youth programming. Come at 5:30pm for a family meal and then later join us at 6:10pm for an intergenerational worship service. Though Children’s Church will be provided for Pre-K through 3rd grade, all students and families are strongly encouraged to worship together. 4th-5th grades will be offered crafts with Jill Jennings and 7th-8th grades will continue to practice bells. More information will be released in the beginning of January.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. A schedule of activities and semester pricing are both listed below. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, January 9th
Adult Ed Classes:
Women’s Bible Study – Rachelle Gewecke
With All Your Heart – Ray Miller
Major Religions – Pastor Clint
- Jay Anderson having tests and treatments.
- Judy Arens is hospitalized.
- Kenny Potter’s father suffering with diabetes.
- Dennis Walston recovering from a fall.
- Lori Patton recovering from an accident.
- Sheila Robinson recovering from hip issues.
- Connie Rohlk recovering at home.
- Joy Albert rehabbing at Accura.
- Dave Bartels is at the Heart Hospital.
- Bill Miner recovering from a fall.
- John Hein doing some rehab.
- June Goldman has been hospitalized.
- Pat Swancutt hospitalized with pneumonia.
- Gary Eaton having heart concerns.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Marvin Stockdale dealing with health issues.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Kathy Nygaard admitted to hospice care.
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Pat Lamoureux dealing with cancer.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- No Weekly Prayer
- No Recharge
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- No HS Youth Group
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- No ACT II
- Zumba Class here at FPC – 10am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Confirmation
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Accura – 2pm
- No PW Sewing
- Stewardship Comm Mtg – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Mtg – 5:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Youth Sunday
Ushers – Leo Kofoot, Jan Bowles, Edna VanderWolde
Greeters – Randy & Vonda Buchman
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Kelli Kruger
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Usher/Greeter: Marcia VanRoekel
Nursery: Lindsay VanderWolde
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA