Your Weekly Update
Recharge Cancelled Due to Weather
Due to the wind chill warning this week’s Recharge program (1/30) at First Presbyterian Church has been canceled. This cancellation includes all of our regular programming including the No Apologies conference, evening meal, middle school bells, the “W-Term” inter-generational education, high school youth group, and both adult bell and choir rehearsals.
No Apologies has been reschuled to March 13th due to weather.
Super Bowl Party
All 7th-12th grade students are invited to join us for our annual Super Bowl Party! Join us at the church at 5:30pm on Sunday February 3rd for fun, games, food, and, of course, the Super Bowl! We will transform the Fellowship Hall into a large screen movie theater with couches complete with your favorite game time snacks. Whether you are a sports fan or not, join us for a great evening of fun and fellowship! No RSVP is necessary, simply bring a dish to share. Let’s “kickoff” a great time together!
Women’s Bible Study
Women’s Bible Study will continue on Sunday evening in the church Fireside Room (our usual room) at 5pm. We are going to look at Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will discuss one chapter per week for 6 weeks, at which point it will be time to begin meeting at our Wednesday time again.
Hopefully you can also rejoin us when we go back to Wednesday nights at 6 beginning on March 13th.
You are invited to the annual Valentine’s Dinner held at the First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake, IA on Saturday, February 9th at 5:30pm. The Valentine’s Dinner is hosted by the youth and families of the First Presbyterian Churches in Spirit Lake and Lake Park as an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and fellowship and to support the high school summer youth mission trip. Childcare is provided and tickets are $15 per person or $30 per couple. Tickets can be purchased in the church office at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake or can be reserved at 712-336-1649 from now until the event. Students are asked to help set up for the event at 9:00am on Saturday morning and asked to arrive no later than 5:00pm to help serve the evening meal (wearing a white shirt and black pants). We look forward to seeing you there!
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church will be participating in the Baby Bottle Campaign during the month of February. Please take a baby bottle home, fill it with change or dollar bills and return the filled bottles to the church by Sunday, March 3rd. Your coins can make a difference in the lives of young mothers and their children. The proceeds of this unique fundraiser will be used to help Cherish House. Pick up a bottle from the library window and return them to the office when they are filled.
Super Bowl Party
All 9th-12th grade students are invited to join us for our annual Super Bowl Party! Join us at the church at 5:30pm on Sunday, February 3rd for fun, games, food, and, of course, the Super Bowl! We will transform the Fellowship Hall into a large screen movie theater with couches complete with your favorite game time snacks. Whether you are a sports fan or not, join us for a great evening of fun and fellowship! No RSVP is necessary, simply bring a dish to share. Let’s “kickoff” a great time together!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Milford Blood Drive
Milford Community Center
Wednesday, January 30, 1 – 6pm
For appointments call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jim Nygaard on the passing of his wife, Kathy, this past week. A Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, January 29th at 6:15pm here at FPC.
- Oz Nelson scheduled for surgery on Thursday, January 31st.
- Jim Radcliffe recovering at home.
- Steve Richards recovering from knee surgery.
- Colin Jensen beginning cancer treatments.
- Bob & Martha Graham facing some health difficulties.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from knee surgery.
- Bernice Steele recovering from a fall.
- Jay Anderson having tests and treatments.
- Kenny Potter’s father suffering with diabetes.
- Dennis Walston recovering from a fall.
- Lori Patton recovering from an accident.
- Sheila Robinson recovering from hip issues.
- Connie Rohlk recovering at home.
- Joy Albert recovering from a fall.
- Dave Bartels recovering at home.
- Bill Miner recovering from a fall.
- John Hein doing some rehab.
- June Goldman has been hospitalized.
- Gary Eaton having heart concerns.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Marvin Stockdale dealing with health issues.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- 9th – 12th Grade Super Bowl Party – 5:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am-4pm (bring a dish to share for lunch)
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Cole Brumley & Marcia Eckerman
Greeter – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Amy Profit
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Edna VanderWolde & Jan Bowles
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Kari Bruinsma, Adrie Stecker, Dave Graanstra, Gary Lambert, Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Brad, Teresa, Ella, McKenna & Olivia Beck
Nursery: Sarah Dirks
Sound/PowerPoint: Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA