Your Weekly Update
You are invited to the annual Valentine’s Dinner held at the First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake, IA on Saturday, February 9th at 5:30pm. The Valentine’s Dinner is hosted by the youth and families of the First Presbyterian Churches in Spirit Lake and Lake Park as an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and fellowship and to support the high school summer youth mission trip. Childcare is provided and tickets are $15 per person or $30 per couple. Tickets can be purchased in the church office at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake or can be reserved at 712-336-1649 from now until the event. Students are asked to help set up for the event at 9:00am on Saturday morning and asked to arrive no later than 5:00pm to help serve the evening meal (wearing a white shirt and black pants). We look forward to seeing you there!
Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church will be participating in the Baby Bottle Campaign during the month of February. Please take a baby bottle home, fill it with change or dollar bills and return the filled bottles to the church by Sunday, March 3rd. Your coins can make a difference in the lives of young mothers and their children. The proceeds of this unique fundraiser will be used to help Cherish House. Please pick up a bottle from the library window and return them to the office when they are filled.
Women’s Bible Study
Women’s Bible Study will continue on Sunday evening in the church Fireside Room (our usual room) at 5pm. We are going to look at Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will discuss one chapter per week for 6 weeks, at which point it will be time to begin meeting at our Wednesday time again.
Hopefully you can also rejoin us when we go back to Wednesday nights at 6 beginning on March 13th.
No Apologies has been rescheduled to March 13th due to weather.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Please come and join us on Thursday, February 14th and Friday, February 15th at 7pm and Saturday, February 16th at 2pm for this very spirited and heartfelt celebration as we lift up God’s message of love for us, through His Son, Jesus Christ! Fill a car, a van, or a bus, but you won’t want to miss this praise-filled event where the Sonshine Singers will delight you with their music ministry! No admission charge – freewill offering will be received and blessings guaranteed!
First United Methodist Church
127 N 10th St
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Recharge has begun again with our first ever “W-Term”. We will be focusing on fellowship, worship and featuring numerous guest leaders, instead of our normal classes and youth programming. Come at 5:30pm for a family meal and then later join us at 6:10pm for an intergenerational worship service. Though Children’s Church will be provided for Pre-K ~ 3rd grade, all students and families are strongly encouraged to worship together. 4th-5th grades will be offered crafts with Jill Jennings and 7th-8th grades will continue to practice bells.
Here is the schedule…February 6th: Thanking our Military Service Members (Lori Vicker); February 13th: Caring for the Elderly (Kathleen Johnson); February 20th: Cherishing Others through Service (Annette Eckert); February 27th: Faith and Art (Kari Bruinsma)
Wednesday, February 6th: Meal: Beef Stew
Meal Crew: Marcia Eckerman, Edna VanderWolde & Doug Kies
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
- Oz Nelson recovering from surgery.
- Marvin Stockdale recovering from a fall.
- Jim Radcliffe recovering at home.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Kelly Jo Peterson recovering from a heart attack.
- Adam Dreeszen beginning new cancer treatment.
- Steve Richards recovering from knee surgery.
- Colin Jensen beginning cancer treatments.
- Bob & Martha Graham facing some health difficulties.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from knee surgery.
- Bernice Steele recovering from a fall.
- Jay Anderson having tests and treatments.
- Kenny Potter’s father suffering with diabetes.
- Dennis Walston recovering from a fall.
- Lori Patton recovering from an accident.
- Sheila Robinson recovering from hip issues.
- Connie Rohlk recovering at home.
- Joy Albert recovering from a fall.
- Dave Bartels recovering at home.
- Bill Miner recovering from a fall.
- John Hein doing some rehab.
- June Goldman has been hospitalized.
- Gary Eaton having heart concerns.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- No PW Coordinating Team Mtg
- Valentine Dinner
- Seating – 5:15pm
- Dinner – 5:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at WelLife – 2:45pm
- No PW Sewing
- Deacons Meeting – 6pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Youth Sunday
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Cole Brumley & Marcia Eckerman
Greeter – Marilyn Rees & Phyllis Egeland
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Amy Webber
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Bill & Mary Willemssen
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Liz Steiner, Kaycee Arrowood, Kaitlyn Nelson, Dan Hoerichs, Dave Graanstra, Kevin Grems, Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Jerry & Judy Erickson
Nursery: Milly & Claire Tillotson
Sound/PowerPoint: Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA