Your Weekly Update
Register for the High School Mission Trip Today!
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s High School mission trip has been scheduled for July 25th-29th to join our brothers and sisters in Christ at First Presbyterian Church of Jamaica, Queens in New York City. Registration for the trip will be open until March 3rd. The total cost of the trip is $200 with the first $100 payment due by March 3rd. If you have any questions or need financial assistance to participate in the trip, please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Michael. Registration and additional information can be found at fpcspiritlake.org/mission-trip.
World Day of Prayer
Please join us here at FPC at 1:30pm on Friday, March 1, 2019 where once again, World Day of Prayer gives us the opportunity to learn about a faraway, little-known country—Slovenia, one of the smallest and newest countries in Europe. There is much to learn from the women who have written the 2019 WDP service. The theme for 2019 is based on Jesus’ parable of the Great Dinner (in Lk. 14:15-24): “Come-Everything is Ready.”
Please join us for refreshments in Fellowship Hall following the service.
Readers are needed for our World Day of Prayer Service. If you are willing to help, please contact the office at 336-1649 or Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668. Thank you!!
Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in the Baby Bottle Campaign during the month of February. Please take a baby bottle home, fill it with change or dollar bills and return the filled bottles to the church by Sunday, March 3rd. Your coins can make a difference in the lives of young mothers and their children. The proceeds of this unique fundraiser will be used to help Cherish House. Please pick up a bottle from the library window and return them to the office when they are filled.
PW Sewing (Quilters)
The PW Sewers will meet again on Monday, March 4th. They meet once a month on the 1st Monday of the month from 9am – 4pm. If you are able to come for all or part of that time, we would love to have you joins us. They will have a potluck lunch, so bring a dish to share such as sandwiches, soup, salad or dessert. Hope to see you there!
Women’s Bible Study
Women’s Bible Study will continue on Sunday evening in the church Fireside Room (our usual room) at 5pm. We are going to look at Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will discuss one chapter per week for 6 weeks, at which point it will be time to begin meeting at our Wednesday time again.
Hopefully you can also rejoin us when we go back to Wednesday nights at 6 beginning on March 13th.
No Apologies has been rescheduled to March 13th due to weather.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Coffee Servers and Snack Providers Needed
Are you looking for a way to help out at church? We are searching for more coffee servers and snack providers to help serve coffee and goodies Sunday mornings during coffee and fellowship time. Also, if you are willing to bake, we could always use baked goods in our freezer for Sunday mornings as well. Please let the office know if you are interested.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Recharge has begun again with our first ever “W-Term”. We will be focusing on fellowship, worship and featuring numerous guest leaders, instead of our normal classes and youth programming. Come at 5:30pm for a family meal and then later join us at 6:10pm for an intergenerational worship service. Though Children’s Church will be provided for Pre-K ~ 3rd grade, all students and families are strongly encouraged to worship together. 4th-5th grades will be offered crafts with Jill Jennings and 7th-8th grades will continue to practice bells.
Here is the schedule… February 27th: Cherishing Others through Service (Annette Eckert); March 6th: Faith and Art (Kari Bruinsma)
March 13th will be a Spring Break followed by our third semester kickoff.
Wednesday, February 27th: Meal: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Shirley Kempers on the passing of her brother, Gary Dorhout, this past week.
- Jim Radcliffe recovering from surgery at home.
- Gary Eaton recovering from surgery at home.
- Maxine Bartels hospitalized with hip issues.
- Monique Nolting recovering from surgery.
- John & Jacinda Tracy and baby Braelynn, born at 24 weeks, Doug Stueven’s niece and family.
- John Heim recovering at home.
- Denise Beimer receiving chemo treatments.
- Jay Anderson recovering from surgery.
- Dorothy Fiala recovering from a broken arm.
- Ruth DeJong recovering from health concerns.
- Bill Miner recovering from a fall.
- Oz Nelson recovering from surgery.
- Marvin Stockdale recovering from a fall.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Kelly Jo Peterson recovering from a heart attack.
- Steve Richards recovering from knee surgery.
- Colin Jensen beginning cancer treatments.
- Bob & Martha Graham facing some health difficulties.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from knee surgery.
- Bernice Steele recovering from a fall.
- Kenny Potter’s father suffering with diabetes.
- Dennis Walston recovering from a fall.
- Lori Patton recovering from an accident.
- Sheila Robinson recovering from hip issues.
- Connie Rohlk recovering at home.
- Joy Albert recovering from a fall.
- Dave Bartels recovering at home.
- June Goldman has been hospitalized.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- World Day of Prayer – 1:30pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – John Knabe
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar and Brett & Nancy Thacker
Greeter – Dayle Broocks & Sharon Caskey
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Chris Sill
Nursery – June Howatt
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Kari Bruinsma, Kaycee Arrowood, Kaitlyn Nelson, Dave Graanstra, Dan Hoerichs, Gary Lambert & Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Stecker family
Sound/PowerPoint: Kat Grems & Mason Frangenberg
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA