Your Weekly Update
No Apologies on March 13th
All 7th-12th grade students are invited to join us for this year’s No Apologies conference. We will eat Pizza Ranch at the church at 5:15pm and will leave for Spencer at 5:45pm. Please invite your friends to join us for an evening of fun and encouragement! Remember that there is no cost for this event.
March 13th: No Recharge
March 20th: 3rd Semester Kickoff
Betty Elgin will be celebrating her 80th birthday on Monday, March 18. Cards may be sent to her at: 2880 Grand Ave. Unit 404, Des Moines, IA 50312. Happy Birthday Betty!!
Sunday Night Game Night
On Sunday, March 17th High School students are invited to bring your favorite game (or gaming system) for a night of fun and fellowship from 6:30pm-11:00pm. Pizza will be served after 7:00pm along with a ton of game-time snacks. And the best news? There’s no school the next day! No RSVP is needed, and friends are welcome. See you there!
The Fruits of Easter –
A Sermon Series for Lent
- March 17 – Mild Strength – Gentleness
- March 24 – The Right Way – Goodness and Kindness
- March 31 – Fully Convinced – Faithfulness
- April 7 – Tighten the Reigns – Self-control
- April 14 – (Palm Sunday) – Grace’s First Cousin – Joy
- April 21 (Easter) – The Mother of all Fruit – Love
Again this year, our lilies will have even more meaning. We have decided to add to the cost of each lily and use these proceeds to benefit orphans with medical supplies. So while we celebrate the resurrection, we will also be ministering to orphans in need. The lily alone will be $11.00, anything given over that amount will be given to our orphan mission. Please call Cheri at the church office at 336-1649 to place your order, and please let us know if this is in memory of, or honoring someone.
Lenten Bible Study and Soup Supper
The Six Great Ends of the Church
Dinner begins at 5:00pm and the study begins about 5:35pm
1 more soup needed for Sunday, March 17th!
March 17 – Taking care of the Family – “The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God”
March 24 – Practicing Praise – “The maintenance of divine worship”
March 31 – Keeping it Real – “The preservation of the truth”
April 7 – Making a Difference – “The promotion of social righteousness”
April 14 – On Display – “The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world.”
A sign up sheet for soup, bread, veggies, and dessert is posted in the Narthex on Sunday mornings or at the study on Sunday evenings. Childcare is provided.
New Member Recognition
We will be recognizing all “New Members” on Sunday, April 7th. If you are interested in becoming a new member but haven’t filled out the paperwork yet, please stop by the office and pick up a Personal Information Sheet at your earliest convenience. Then on Sunday, April 7th, you will be asked to come to the front of the church as a group. A special coffee time will be held in your honor. We hope to see you there!
Cherish Center’s Baby Bottle’s Due!
Please be sure to return your filled baby bottle’s to the church as soon as possible! We will be returning them to the Cherish Center to be a blessing to them and their ministry.
- Kathy Huitink moved into assisted living- 1126 Oakhill Dr., Hawarden, IA 51023.
- Rick Hayes having an angiogram/valve repair.
- Mickey Arneson recovering from ankle replacement.
- Margaret Plunkett entering hospice care in Denton, TX.
- Marvin Stockdale recovering from surgery.
- Gary Hansen recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Radcliffe prayers for a successful heart surgery.
- Wayne Goetsch being treated for cancer.
- Maxine Bartels recovering at home from a compression hip fracture.
- Monique Nolting recovering from surgery.
- Colin Jensen being treated for cancer.
- John & Jacinda Tracy and baby Braelynn, born at 24 weeks, Doug Stueven’s niece and family.
- John Heim recovering at home.
- Denise Beimer receiving chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- PW Coordinating Team Meeting – 4pm
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- No Recharge
- 7th-12th Grade No Apologies
Dinner at Church – 5:15pm Leave for No Apologies – 5:45pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Projects Day – 9:30am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Lenten Bible Study & Soup Supper – 5pm
- High School Game Night – 6:30pm
- Stewardship Committee Mtg – 5:15pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Rick Reinking
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar and Brett & Nancy Thacker
Greeter – Dayle Broocks & Sharon Caskey
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Lisa Kraus & Coral Sweeney
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jerry & Dorothy Ingvall
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Kari Bruinsma, Adrie Stecker, Dave Graanstra, Dave Boon, Kevin Grems & Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Paul Johnson
Nursery: Stacy Howard
Sound/PowerPoint: Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA