FPC and Friends,
Just wanted to update everyone on the schedule and plans for worship in the near future as we anticipate returning to the building.
- INDOOR WORSHIP
- Beginning Sept 13th @ 8:50am
- We will gather in the sanctuary and practice safe distancing.
- Pews will be spaced every other pew, please be sure to sit at the edge of the pew closest to the nearest aisle. Ushers will help people to seating areas.
- Masks are recommended. We will try to have some masks available, but will be unable to provide them for all, so if you plan to wear one, please try to bring it with you.
- There will be no public greeting time, so we highly encourage practicing your “Presbyterian wave.”
- Friendship pads, hymnals, and Bibles will not be present in the sanctuary. Worship will be led via the screens and bringing your own Bible from home is highly recommended.
- The offering will be collected at the exits of the sanctuary following worship.
- The nursery will not be open for the foreseeable future. We encourage families to plan to sit together during worship.
- There will likely not be congregational singing initially but we will have music and singers. Anyone who may be especially vulnerable to Covid-19 or anyone who is experiencing ANY type of symptom or illness is asked to refrain from attending and join us online.
- We plan to use the screen in fellowship hall for people who want to view the service here but are uncomfortable with being in the sanctuary. For those who choose this option, masks will be expected.
- At first we will not be hosting fellowship time or Sunday School after worship. Stay tuned for changes in the coming days.
- ONLINE WORSHIP
- For the foreseeable future we will continue our weekly broadcast online and continue to incorporate live and pre-recorded material. As we become a multi-worship congregation again, the difference is no longer time or style, but location. We will do our best to incorporate what works well from each approach and provide an experience of worship that connects the two groups as much as possible. We do not yet know exactly what that looks like, so it will be a season of experimentation and learning from successes and mistakes. We ask you to be patient as we move forward as we expect some challenges and missteps along the way. We are doing things that we have not previously done, which is both exciting and terrifying, but we are confident that FPC can navigate these strange waters in a way that is beneficial to all.
- SECOND SERVICE
- For now, we will be planning on one service each week in the building, but that may change as attendance dictates. Until then, we will continue to blend from both services and utilize a variety of styles, instruments, music, video, etc. At some point, we may be able to return to our previous patterns, but for now we will combine what we have done as best we can.
Thank you for the many ways you continue to support and encourage FPC. We have many talented and faithful people working behind the scenes to provide ministry in spite of the challenges, and we are all blessed by their efforts. We realize that these announcements will be met with great joy by some and by skepticism by others. We ask that whatever your thoughts on our decisions, please be in prayer for our church and community as institutions try to take the first steps toward whatever “normal” means in 2020.
Blessings and thanks,
Continuing Worship Information
- We strongly encourage you and your family to access the video live stream from 9:00-10:00am Sunday morning if at all possible as it will contain media that won’t be part of the radio broadcast. You can tune in on Sunday morning directly from our homepage on your phone, tablet, or home television (fpcspiritlake.org)
- We will continue to broadcast on KUOO Sunday mornings from 9-10am.
- As has been the case, weekly sermons, studies, worship, etc. will be available on our website (fpcspiritlake.org/media) and we will be updating them regularly.
- Anyone can now access our services on their Roku TV or Roku streaming device. You can add this to your present device or learn more on our website at fpcspiritlake.org/roku-channel.
- We will continue our local cable broadcast on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. or Saturdays at 7:00 am on MC22 (local channel 80-25).
- We are asking committees and various groups to conduct as much of their business as possible via email or phone.