After many long months I am grateful to let you know that we will be returning to two worship services! Beginning May 9th we will be adding our second service back to the schedule, but for at least the summer, it will begin at 11am rather than 11:15. You will find the full updated schedule and modifications listed below, and after that you will find several areas we will be needing help as we make those changes. We are thankful for your patience and support as we have slowly made and continue to make these transitions, and we ask that you bear with us as there will undoubtedly be some challenges along the way. We will, of course, continue to stream our first service, and we will do our best to continue to make that digital content feel as connected to what happens in the sanctuary as possible.
Please note that things will not be completely “normal” right away as for at least a few weeks we will not use bulletins, pass offering plates, have fellowship time, etc. and we will also generally keep live singing toward the end of the services. However, this will be a big step toward regaining our typical Sunday morning. As other aspects of the services return, we will keep you posted.
May 9 – Worship at 9am* and 11am
May 16 – Worship at 9am* and 11am
May 23rd – Confirmation Sunday – One service only at 9:00am
May 30 and following – Worship at 9am* and 11am
*Online broadcast begins at 8:50am and at some point the service will return to starting at 8:50am also.
With the return to a fuller schedule we will be needing help in several areas of church life. We continue to need Nursery Volunteers and that need will increase with the addition of the second service. We also need Sound Booth Volunteers at both services (no experience necessary as we will provide training). There is also an opportunity for singers and musicians in our Praise Band and Worship Team. And, in the near future we will be needing liturgists, ushers, and people willing to serve and provide snacksfor fellowship time between services.
If you are willing to help in any of these areas, please let us know. Thank you in advance for your willingness to participate.
- INDOOR WORSHIP
- We are currently gathering in the sanctuary.
- We invite congregants to be seated wherever they are comfortable, asking attendees to be mindful of creating as much space between families as possible.
- Many are wearing masks to be seated in the sanctuary and following service but remove them during worship when seated in the sanctuary.
- There is not currently a public greeting time, so we highly encourage practicing your “Presbyterian wave.”
- Friendship pads, hymnals, and Bibles are not be present in the sanctuary. Worship is led via the screens and bringing your own Bible from home is highly recommended.
- The offering is collected at the exits of the sanctuary following worship.
- The nursery is now open, we are glad to have a place for young children to gather during the worship service.
- There is currently short congregational singing positioned at the end of the service. Any who are uncomfortable singing at this time are welcome to leave the sanctuary with the Pastors following the benediction.
- Anyone who may be especially vulnerable to Covid-19 or anyone who is experiencing ANY type of symptom or illness is asked to refrain from attending and join us online.
- We will not be hosting fellowship time or Sunday School after worship.
- We are currently gathering in the sanctuary.
- ONLINE WORSHIP
- The FPC live stream can be joined at fpcspiritlake.org/stream.
- For the foreseeable future we will continue our weekly broadcast online and continue to incorporate live and pre-recorded material. As we become a multi-worship congregation again, the difference is no longer time or style, but location. We will do our best to incorporate what works well from each approach and provide an experience of worship that connects the two groups as much as possible. We do not yet know exactly what that looks like, so it will be a season of experimentation and learning from successes and mistakes. We ask you to be patient as we move forward as we expect some challenges and missteps along the way. We are doing things that we have not previously done, which is both exciting and terrifying, but we are confident that FPC can navigate these strange waters in a way that is beneficial to all.
- SECOND SERVICE
- The second service will begin again on May 9th at 11:00am. We look forward to seeing you and your family there!
Continuing Worship Information
- We strongly encourage you and your family to access the video live stream from 9:00-10:00am Sunday morning if at all possible as it will contain media that won’t be part of the radio broadcast. You can tune in on Sunday morning directly from our homepage on your phone, tablet, or home television (fpcspiritlake.org)
- We will continue to broadcast on KUOO Sunday mornings from 9-10am.
- As has been the case, weekly sermons, studies, worship, etc. will be available on our website (fpcspiritlake.org/media) and we will be updating them regularly.
- Anyone can now access our services on their Roku TV or Roku streaming device. You can add this to your present device or learn more on our website at fpcspiritlake.org/roku-channel.
- We will continue our local cable broadcast on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. or Saturdays at 7:00 am on MC22 (local channel 80-25).