In light of Governor Reynold’s recent Covid announcement, FPC is putting in-person worship on hold and returning to online only for the next few weeks. This will be in effect until at least Dec. 6 and we will evaluate given the trends, numbers, and any new guidelines during that time. In the mean-time, please continue to join us Sunday mornings at 8:50am on Facebook, YouTube, or our website at fpcspiritlake.org/stream. Thank you for your ongoing participation and support.
- ONLINE WORSHIP
- Until at least December 6th we will continue our weekly broadcast online and continue to incorporate live and pre-recorded material. As we become a multi-worship congregation again, the difference is no longer time or style, but location. We will do our best to incorporate what works well from each approach and provide an experience of worship that connects the two groups as much as possible. We do not yet know exactly what that looks like, so it will be a season of experimentation and learning from successes and mistakes. We ask you to be patient as we move forward as we expect some challenges and missteps along the way. We are doing things that we have not previously done, which is both exciting and terrifying, but we are confident that FPC can navigate these strange waters in a way that is beneficial to all.
Thank you for the many ways you continue to support and encourage FPC. We have many talented and faithful people working behind the scenes to provide ministry in spite of the challenges, and we are all blessed by their efforts. We realize that these announcements will be met with great joy by some and by skepticism by others. We ask that whatever your thoughts on our decisions, please be in prayer for our church and community as institutions try to take the first steps toward whatever “normal” means in 2020.
Blessings and thanks,
Continuing Worship Information
- We strongly encourage you and your family to access the video live stream from 9:00-10:00am Sunday morning if at all possible as it will contain media that won’t be part of the radio broadcast. You can tune in on Sunday morning directly from our homepage on your phone, tablet, or home television (fpcspiritlake.org)
- We will continue to broadcast on KUOO Sunday mornings from 9-10am.
- As has been the case, weekly sermons, studies, worship, etc. will be available on our website (fpcspiritlake.org/media) and we will be updating them regularly.
- Anyone can now access our services on their Roku TV or Roku streaming device. You can add this to your present device or learn more on our website at fpcspiritlake.org/roku-channel.
- We will continue our local cable broadcast on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. or Saturdays at 7:00 am on MC22 (local channel 80-25).
- We are asking committees and various groups to conduct as much of their business as possible via email or phone.