Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Jim Nygaard Fundraiser
The Jim Nygaard Fundraiser and Auction will be held on Saturday, June 13th at the Community Building in Spirit Lake with a meal from 4-7pm and an auction to follow.
Sign up to bring cookies, bars and auction items to be auctioned at the fundraiser on our website or on the sheets that have been placed on the table in the narthex and the library window. Posters have also arrived, please take one to post in the community.
The “Garden” Conversation
We are excited about the initial conversation about starting a community garden. If you are interested in volunteering, donating or have any ideas for the steering team, please reply and let us know!
Greeter/Usher (s) Needed
The Reforming (2nd) Service is in need of Greeters/Ushers for the month of July and beyond. Please contact Bob Peterson or the office if you can assist.
Military Pictures Needed
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 24th during a slide Show presentation. Please bring in or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies of all ages….
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies.
No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 21st we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Worship Committee is in the process of making up the schedule for liturgists for the next 12 months. We really do appreciate of the dedication and willingness of those who have served during our worship services in this capacity. Also, if you are interested in being a liturgist, please let Bob Peterson 332-6374, Cheri or Pastor Clint 336-1649 know, so that we can add you to our list!
POET Okoboji View Dinner and Golf Registration
The next P.O.E.T. (Presbyterians Out Eating Together) Fellowship Dinner and golf outing is scheduled for Sunday, June 14th at the Okoboji View. If you wish to golf 9 holes, our tee time will be 4pm and will cost $25 per person (including cart). Dinner will begin at 6:30pm and you can choose either steak or chicken, which will include the salad bar, baked potato and roll for $17 (which includes tax & tip). You may RSVP by June 7th online at www.fpcspiritlake.org or by contacting the church office at 712-336-1649.
- Continued prayers for the Johnson family.
- We are extending the meals for Don & Wilma Clauson, click here to sign up.
- Jim Arens who was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Joyce Colton recovering from back surgery.
- Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Continued prayers for the Steinkuehler family.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery at home.
- Jim Nygaard recovering at home.
- Continued prayers for the Nelson family.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 6pm
- Handbell Choir Practice – 6pm
- Chancel Choir Practice – 7pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- Office Closed
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Children & Adult Sunday School Classes will resume in the fall.
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Organist – Lois Mitchell
Liturgist – Owen Primavera
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton
and Chris & Amy Sill
Greeters – Roger & Karen Lahm
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Angie Peterson &
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Kari Bruinsma, Marissa Sill, Barb Mendenhall & Ron Williams
Power Point – Emma Dau
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Nursery – Dana Bolluyt