Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
National Day of Prayer
Anyone who would like to join in for a brief time of prayer is encouraged to gather here at First Presbyterian Church at 11 AM on Thursday, May 7th. We will be praying in unison at that time (12 noon EDT) with other Christian believers across the nation. If you are unable to attend, we encourage you to set aside a time to pray sometime during the day on your own. Please pray for America this coming Thursday, May 7th.
High School Youth Group End of Year Celebration
Join us this Wednesday, May 6th for our last regular Wednesday night youth group this year! We will celebrate the past year and hear about the upcoming opportunities for fellowship throughout the summer. Remember that there is no WNF, so we look forward to seeing you at 7:15pm!
The “Garden” Conversation
We are excited about the initial conversation about starting a community garden. If you are interested in volunteering, donating or have any ideas for the steering team, please reply and let us know!
Pictures of Mom
On Sunday, May 10th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
Youth Teacher Appreciation
If you taught Pre-K through 12th grade Sunday School or Wednesday Night Fellowship this year, you are invited to join us for an evening of appreciation and fellowship event in the Fireside Room on May 13th at 7pm. Come for an evening of fellowship and celebration as we take a moment to reflect on God’s faithfulness throughout this year.
Greeter/Usher (s) Needed
The Reforming (2nd) Service is in need of Greeters/Ushers for the month of May. Please contact Bob Peterson or the office if you can assist.
Military Pictures Needed
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 24th during a slide Show presentation. Please bring in or email your photos to email@example.com.
Ladies of all ages….
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies.
No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
We are very happy to have Darrin Roetman, missionary with Communities and Evangelical Assemblies of France (C.A.E.F.) visiting with us this morning. Darrin has ties to our congregation that go back to his childhood. His parents were very active members serving in part as choir director and in the musical group Joyful Noise. We have been supporting Darrin for 3+ years and supported his parents in mission work many years ago. Please welcome and join him after worship and during Sunday school to hear more about his life and exciting ministry. God bless you and your family Darrin!
- Joyce Colton as she recovers from back surgery.
- David & Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Continued prayers go to Brandon & Laurie Steinkuehler. Because of the premature birth of Leeton, they will be making many trips to Sioux Falls and we would like to support them the gas and gift cards which you can drop off at the church office.
- Dave Dreeszen as he recovers from surgery at home.
- Jim Nygaard as he recovers at home.
- Continued prayers for the Nelson family.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await for transplants and further recovery.
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 6pm
- Building & Grounds Comm Mtg – 6:30pm
- Handbell Choir Practice – 7pm
- High School – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir Practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- National Day of Prayer – 11am
- PWCT Meeting – 5:15pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Adult Ed – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- ILCC Handbell Concert @ FPC – 7:30pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 7:00pm
Sunday School Classes
Jonah ~ Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Chris & Amy Sill
Greeters – Roger & Karen Lahm
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe &
Coffee – Les & Marlene Noll
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Emily Andersen, Meghan Humphrey, Marissa Sill & Ron Williams
Power Point – Emma Dau
Sound – Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Amber Lippon
NOTE NEW PRACTICE TIME:
Wednesdays at 6pm