Your Weekly Update
First Presbyterian Church has adopted the segment of highway from Great Lakes Auto Sports north to the intersection of Highways 9 & 71 on both the east and west sides of the road. We will be collecting garbage on Tuesday, May 22nd beginning at 6pm. All are invited to help out, and please park at Great Lakes Auto Sports. If you have any questions, please contact Wayne Johnson at 339-7464. Please join us following for a meet and greet and McKeens. In case of rain, we will collect garbage on Thursday, May 24th at 6pm.
Break the Cycle 200
(formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/clint-loveall—break-the-cycle-200—okoboji-2018?utm_campaign=oc&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=crowdrise to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. Thanks.
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 27th during a slide show presentation. Please bring in, or email your photos to email@example.com
High School Mission Trip Logistics Volunteers Needed
If you are interested in helping plan a dinner and entertainment for the upcoming youth Mission Trip, please contact Pastor Michael who is putting together a small team to help organize some of the logistics of hosting our guests from New York City. The team’s work will mostly be handled via email and phone calls and will be very limited in time. Thank you in advance to our whole congregation who invests in these life changing mission opportunities!
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Men & Women’s Bible Study
The Men’s Bible Study scheduled for Thursday, May 24th has been cancelled. This Bible Study will resume in the fall.
Summer Youth Fellowship Calendar
Stay tuned for our youth summer fellowship calendar which will include many opportunities for our 7th-12th grade students to have fun. Parents of this year’s 8th grade students are invited to have them sign up for our event text message updates by messaging “fpcconnect” to 33222. If you are a parent and are not receiving student activity emails, please let Pastor Michael know in the office.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 17th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Worship Committee is in the process of making up the schedule for liturgists for the next 12 months. We really do appreciate all of the dedication and willingness of those who have served during our worship services in this capacity. Also, if you are interested in being a liturgist, please let Bob Peterson 332-6374, Cheri or Pastor Clint 336-1649 know, so that we can add you to our list!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
June 7—Damon Dotson
June 11—Jessie James & The Outlaws
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Russ Thomson who has moved in to Accura.
- Glen Hundley recovering from a fall.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Dean Poyzer hospitalized in SF with pneumonia.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from back surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- John Hime recovering from a fall.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Mary Ann Jansen recovering at home.
- Wayne Johnson recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Amy Sill recovering at home after a fall.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Michael May who is having blood tests.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay who has been diagnosed with MS.
- Cory Krieger having cancer treatments.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Shannon Siefker recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink beginning new infusion procedure.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- Final Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Office Closed (Memorial Day)
- No PW Sewing
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Lynn Peterson
Ushers – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson and Steve & Jan Richards
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Jocelyn Kitzinger & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Ray Miller & Carol Armstrong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Rachelle Gewecke, Gary Lambert, Dan Hoerichs, Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Dave & Nancy Dau
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA