Your Weekly Update
Volunteers Needed for VBS!
Calling all volunteers! We are excited for our VBS week coming up, and we need many hands to make this a fun-filled week for the kids of the community. Please consider volunteering your time during the week of July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. You can call the church office or use the link below to sign up for volunteering. We look forward to seeing you at VBS! WE ONLY HAVE ONE POSITION LEFT TO FILL!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
VBS 2018 Registration is Open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
VBS Snacks Needed
We are so thankful to all who have signed up for snacks during VBS!! But, we are still in need of two more canisters of lemonade for the kids and daily snacks for our wonderful volunteers during Vacation Bible School Monday through Thursday. If you are willing to help, please bring the lemonade to the church by Sunday, July 29th and the snacks for the volunteers on the day that best fits your schedule. The sign-up sheet is located in the narthex, or call the church office at 336-1659, or email email@example.com. We have an awesome church family. Thanks again!!
Thank you to my church family for all of the prayers and kindnesses during my recent surgery and recovery. God bless you.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
The Okoboji Foundation is pleased to announce that the $5,000 July Nonprofit Challenge will again be taking place. The way the challenge works is that we encourage others to join you in a gift of any size. The Nonprofit with the highest amount received in July, over $5,000, wins an additional $5,000. To give you may go to GiveOkoboji.com and click on First Presbyterian Church link or you may make a check payable to FPC with OK Foundation in the memo.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Brad & Teresa Beck on the passing of Brad’s dad, Kenny, this past week. Kenny’s memorial service will be held at FPC on Wednesday, July 25 at 11am.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Merrill Sebastian on his passing this past week.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Macy Jennings began medication for lymes disease.
- Gertrude Shipley recovering from receiving a pacemaker.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Pat Butler recovering from hip surgery.
- Paul Ostendorf battling health issues.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Chevelle, baby who is very ill in Rochester.
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Terry Bartels recovering from surgery and good report.
- Bennett Stecker has taken his last treatment.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Memorial Service for Kenny Beck at FPC – 11am
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No PW Sewing
- VBS Begins – 8:30 – 11:30am
- VBS – 8:30 – 11:30am
- No Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – Ron Williams
Ushers – Doug & Karen Kaiser and Bob & Lynn Peterson
Greeters – Tim, Meredith & Thea Ennema
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Milt Nolting
Nursery – Amy Profit & Coral Sweeney
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Marissa Sill, Anna Coffin, Spencer Carlson, Logan Newhouse
Greeter/Usher – Paul Johnson
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA