Your Weekly Update
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are regularly serving well over 70 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign-up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org/football
High School Fifth-Quarter Lock-In Rescheduled
All high school students are invited to join us following the football game on September 14th for a fifth-quarter overnight lock-in at the church. We will have a great night full of snacks, fun, and games. We will start with large group night games around 9:30pm and also have time later in the evening for Fortnite and other small group games until dismissal at 7:00am. There is no cost but if you intend to join us for the lock-in please notify Pastor Michael by next Wednesday, September 12th!
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ditch Clean Up
FPC is scheduled to pick up trash on Wednesday, August 29th at 6pm. Meet in the vacant parking lot of the medical office building north of Great Lakes Motor Company on Hwy 71. Meet and Greet afterwards at McKeens. Wayne Johnson will have vests and bags.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering at Lake Park Care Center.
- Kieth Tadlock recovering from pacemaker replacement.
- Wilma Kruse scheduled for knee replacement surgery.
- Jo Megill sheduled for hip surgery.
- Brent Kasson receiving treatments.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Mark Voss recovering from knee surgery.
- Sharon Ringsdorf recovering from knee surgery.
- Betty Bell recovering from a broken hip.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
- Macy Jennings has done 33 treatments only 6 left.
- Wes Radcliffe recovering from ear surgery.
- Cassandra Canaban (Great-Granddaughter of Mary Cornell) dealing with health issues.
- John Heim doing physical therapy in Omaha.
- Kristen (Jenkins) diagnosed with a blood disease.
- JD Jenkins ongoing health issues.
- Brenda Wilson recovering from serious fall.
- Peter Knabe recovering from broken jaw.
- Dave Fagen diagnosed with leukemia.
- Melody Peyton’s cancer has returned.
- Marlene Noll recovering from being treated for Afib.
- Bob Huls recovering at home with Home Health Care.
- Keith Byers recovering from horse accident.
- Derrick Drinovsky, friend of Hope Haven staff, with upcoming knee surgery.
- Jim & Kene Gayle, as Jim recovers from a stroke and head injuries.
- Ivan Kleeve, friend of Kelly Swancutt.
- Karen Byers recovering from horse accident.
- Jamie Phillips recovering after hospitalization.
- Sheila Robinson recovering at Accura.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Office Closed
- No PW Sewing
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Stan Sybesma
Ushers – Randy & Vonda Buchman, Tom Brodie & Bob Peterson
Video Taping –Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Kelli Kruger &
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Randy & Vonda Buchman
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Liz Steiner, Adrie Stecker, Kaitlyn Nelson, Anna Coffin, Rachelle Gewecke, Dave Graanstra, Dan Hoerichs, Gary Lambert
Greeter/Usher – Marcia VanRoekel
Nursery – Natasha Nelson & Molly Van Dyke
Sound/Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA