Your Weekly Update
High School Pie Auction & Youth Sunday
Be sure to mark down the Pie Auction on your calendars for November 18th so that you don’t miss all of the festivities! We will start with a joint Worship Service at 8:50am, followed by breakfast and the High School Pie Auction. We are excited to share some of the early details about this year’s youth mission trip (along with an exciting announcement you won’t want to miss). Thank you for helping us to raise funds to make these life changing experiences possible for our students. See you there!
We are thrilled to announce that our Congregation packed 24, 650 meals for Kids Against Hunger! A special “Thank you” to the Mission Committee and all other monetary donors, the packing volunteers and the Congregational Life Committee for putting our lunch together.
To my church family,
Thanks for all the prayers and support from my church family during my recent knee replacement surgery and the process of recovery. Thanks for the prayers, cards, visits, food, etc., etc. It helps to know you are prayed for, thought of, missed and loved! Recovery is slower than I’d hoped, but getting there.
Congregational Meeting Date Change
Our Congregational Meeting will be held immediately following our Reformed Worship Service on Sunday, November 25th at 10am for the election of new officers. All members are encouraged to attend.
Recharge Craft supply requests
Fiber fill (for a pillow project)
Please leave supplies in the craft room. Thanks!
Congregational Life trip to Algona
The Congregational Life Committee would like to invite you to visit the Algona P.O.W. museum and nativity Saturday, December 15th. We will leave the church parking lot at 2pm. We should arrive at the museum about 3:30. After about an hour at the museum we will go and see the nativity scene constructed by the German P.O.W.’s while they were held at Camp Algona during WWII. Viewing of the nativity scene will be followed by dinner and fellowship at Emerald’s restaurant in Algona. Admission to the museum is $3 per person and the restaurant pricing is similar to Minerva’s. Please RSVP in the church office or to email@example.com so we can let Emerald’s know how many to expect.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
KJIA Soup & Sweets Supper
Please join us at our KJIA Soup and Sweets Supper on Thursday, November 15th from 4:30-7:pm in the Fellowship Hall here at FPC. Special gifts for the kids and door prizes. Also, “Make Your Own Sundaes.” Free- will donation.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. A schedule of activities and semester pricing are both listed below. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, November 14th
Meal: Tater Tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Doug Stueven, Landon, Keagan, Cooper, Kenny, Desten & Caleb.
Adult Ed Classes:
Women’s Bible Study– Rachelle Gewecke
Walk As Jesus Walked-Ray Miller
Major Religions-Pastor Clint
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Charlene Christian on her passing this past week.
- Connie Rohlk rehabbing a broken kneecap at Longhouse Care Center, Spencer.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Ruth DeJong recovering at home.
- Dave Bartels recovering from surgery.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Gloria Ditsworth recovering from knee surgery.
- Beth Primavera recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Bill (friends of the Petersons) receiving cancer treatments.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Pauly Eaton recovering from a fall.
- Jack Burrell recovering from knee surgery.
- Chuck Dunn recovering from surgery.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Gary Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Caila Corcoran recovering from surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a broken arm.
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Bill Kramer recovering from a heart attack.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Wilma Kruse recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Jo Megill recovering from hip surgery.
- Brent Kasson receiving treatments.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Adult Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am @ Spirit Lake HS Office
- KJIA Soup & Sweets Supper – 4:30-7pm
- Combined Worship Service Led by our Youth – 8:50am
- Pie & silent Auction – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Confirmation
- No Adult Ed
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Combined Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – High School Youth
Ushers – Daryl & Elaine Doorenbos, Sandy Krout & Deb Ditsworth
Greeters – Art & Phyllis Attema
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Amy Webber
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Praise Team: Kari Bruinsma, Serena Lynch, Kaycee Arrowood, Dave Graanstra, Gary Lambert, Rachelle Gewecke
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA