Your Weekly Update
Recharge will begin on Jan. 23rd with our first ever “W-Term” this year. From Jan. 23rd-Feb. 27th we will be focusing on fellowship and worship and featuring numerous guest leaders, instead of our normal classes and youth programming. Come at 5:30pm for a family meal and then later join us at 6:10pm for an intergenerational worship service. Though Children’s Church will be provided for Pre-K through 3rd grade, all students and families are strongly encouraged to worship together. 4th-5th grades will be offered crafts with Jill Jennings and 7th-8th grades will continue to practice bells.
Here is the schedule…
January 23rd: Personality (Clint Loveall)
January 30th: Faith and Art (Kari Bruinsma)
February 6th: Thanking our Military Service
Members (Lori Vicker)
February 13th: Caring for the Elderly
February 20th: Cherishing Others through
Service (Annette Eckert)
February 27th: Gratitude (Michael Gewecke)
The annual No Apologies event for 7th-12th grades will be held on January 30th and we will leave the church at 6:00pm. The No Apologies conference brings thousands of students from across northwest Iowa to hear a national speaker talk about wise choices, sexual purity, and Christian faith. All 7th-12th grade students are invited to meet at the church at 5:30pm for a free dinner and then to leave for the event no later than 6:00pm and return by 9:00pm. There is no cost to attend No Apologies.
High School Youth Winter Break
High School youth group will begin again on Wednesday, January 23rd, following our winter break. We can’t wait to see you then!
Act II will resume with normal Sunday School classes on January 24th. All High School students are encouraged to join Pastor Michael for a bible study and small group during lunch in the Spirit Lake High School conference room. You are invited! Come and dig into the scriptures with us as we seek to grow in our faith and become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ in the new year. See you there!
New Year’s Zumba
Start the year off right and join Kat Grems, a licensed Zumba instructor and also a regular attender at our second service, for a fun opportunity to dance and workout to popular Christian music. Kat will be leading the popular dance class for free every Saturday in the month of January at 10:00am in the church gym. Registration is not necessary and all you need is to come ready to dance and have fun!
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Hilltop Care Center. Your help with this project provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Spirit Lake Blood Drive
Grace Lutheran Church-Spirit Lake
Monday, January 28th, 1 – 6pm
Milford Blood Drive
Milford Community Center
Wednesday, January 30, 1 – 6pm
For appointments call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org.
Recharge is a multi-generational gathering of families, youth, and adults. All church members and guests are invited to participate in the weekly evening of rejuvenation, including a family style meal, educational programming, and fellowship. We look forward to seeing you and your family!
Wednesday, January 23rd
Meal: Burgers/Sloppy Joes
Meal Crew: Jack & Sherryl Jones and Doug & Barb Johnson
Topic: Personality w/Pastor Clint
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Helen Ruebel on her passing this past week.
- Steve Richards recovering from knee surgery.
- Colin Jensen beginning cancer treatments.
- Bob & Martha Graham facing some health difficulties.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from knee surgery.
- Bernice Steele recovering from a fall.
- Jay Anderson having tests and treatments.
- Kenny Potter’s father suffering with diabetes.
- Dennis Walston recovering from a fall.
- Lori Patton recovering from an accident.
- Sheila Robinson recovering from hip issues.
- Connie Rohlk recovering at home.
- Joy Albert recovering from a fall.
- Dave Bartels recovering at home.
- Bill Miner recovering from a fall.
- John Hein doing some rehab.
- June Goldman has been hospitalized.
- Gary Eaton having heart concerns.
- Kat Grems dealing with back issues.
- Mary Cornell rehabbing at Accura.
- Marvin Stockdale dealing with health issues.
- Brent Kasson recovering from surgery.
- Heidi Brittain hospitalized with health issues.
- Laurie Phillips recovering at home.
- Ida Estes has moved to Bee Hive Homes, Room 8, 6330 Hazeltine Blvd, Excelsior, MN 55331
- Kathy Nygaard admitted to hospice care.
- Bill Cramer receiving cancer treatments.
- Elaine Greer recovering from kidney transplant.
- Sherry Fuhrman recovering from injuries.
- Keith Swancutt recovering from angioplasty.
- Bev Quail starting cancer treatment.
- Gary Hansen dealing with medical issues.
- Jim Ellingson waiting for a kidney.
- Gilbert (friends of the Klosters) receiving hospice care.
- Macy Jennings fighting lymes disease plus, four co-infections..
- Dorothy Fiala hospitalized with health issues.
- Patti Meyer diagnosed with alzheimers.
- Marj Roseberry dealing with health issues.
- Marty Jenkins treating an infection.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- Zumba Class here at FPC – 10am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation kick-off – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No PW Sewing
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – Stan Sybesma
Ushers – Leo Kofoot, Jan Bowles, Edna VanderWolde & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – Angie Peterson
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jim & Mary Quitno
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Serena Lynch, Annika Stecker, Anna Coffin, Dave Graanstra, Nathan S., Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Frangenberg family
Nursery: Teresa Beck
Sound/PowerPoint: Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA