For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)
The Reading Plan:
Pastor Talk Podcast:
Discussion & Resources:
- Do I need to be a member of First Presbyterian Church to participate in the 90 Day New Testament?
- Absolutely not! Whether you have read the Bible throughout your entire life or if you have never opened it once, you are welcome to read the New Testament with us!
- How do I get email notifications during the 90 Day New Testament?
- Simple. Sign up in the “I’m in” form above and check the box “Yes, sign me up” to get email updates.
- What kind of Bible do I need?
- To learn more about different translations, you can listen to the first episode of Pastor Talk here. The short answer is that we recommend the NIV or NRSV. If you only have another translation, no problem, just read the translation you have! (Don’t forget the mobile Bibles offered in the Discussions and Resources section above…)
- Do I have to access the Pastor Talk podcast to participate in this challenge?
- Not at all. The podcast features Pastors Clint and Michael discussing the week’s upcoming readings and is merely intended to be a supplement to your daily readings. Access to the podcast is not required to participate in the 90 Day New Testament.
- How do I listen to the podcast on my device?
- Do I have to participate in a small group discussion?
- Participation in a weekly small group discussion is not required but highly recommended. Christians have always read scripture in community and we firmly believe that you will find the encouragement and discussions with fellow readers inspiring.
- Do I need to join the Facebook group?
- Membership in the Facebook discussion group is completely optional. We encourage you to post questions and thoughts as you read the New Testament so that the pastors and other members of the congregation can engage with each other. You can join the group here.