Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Wednesday Night Fellowship Thank You!!!
Our Wednesday Night Fellowship season is over! Thank you so much to ALL of our volunteers— from teachers to craft and rec people, from sound and music people to our meal crews and leaders. We appreciate each and everyone of you. We couldn’t have shared this ministry without you! Thank you!!
The “Garden” Conversation
We are excited about the initial conversation about starting a community garden. If you are interested in volunteering, donating or have any ideas for the steering team, please reply and let us know!
Men’s Choir Singing on Mother’s Day
All men are invited to sing in the Men’s Choir for Mother’s Day. They will rehearse on Wednesday, April 29th at 8pm in the sanctuary.
Pictures of Mom
On Sunday, May 10th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
Youth Teacher Appreciation
If you taught Pre-K through 12th grade Sunday School or Wednesday Night Fellowship this year, you are invited to join us for an evening of appreciation and fellowship event in the Fireside Room on May 13th at 7pm. Come for an evening of fellowship and celebration as we take a moment to reflect on God’s faithfulness throughout this year.
Greeter/Usher (s) Needed
The Reforming (2nd) Service is in need of Greeters/Ushers for the month of May. Please contact Bob Peterson or the office if you can assist.
Military Pictures Needed
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 24th during a slide Show presentation. Please bring in or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family and friends of Luke & Megan Donnenwerth on the passing of Luke’s mom, Sheri, this morning.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Continued prayers go to Brandon & Laurie Steinkuehler. Because of the premature birth of Leeton, they will be making many trips to Sioux Falls and we would like to support them the gas and gift cards which you can drop off at the church office.
- Dave Dreeszen as he recovers from surgery at home.
- Jim Nygaard as he recovers at home.
- Continued prayers go to Derek & Natasha Nelson on the birth of Rome & Winslet. Because the twins were premature, Derek and Natasha will be making many trips to Sioux Falls, and we would like to support them with gas and gift cards which you can drop off at the church office.
- Paul Donnenwerth, Paul has liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await for transplants and further recovery.
- POET Dinner – 6pm
- Handbell Choir Practice – 7pm
- High School – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir Practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Adult Ed – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Hilltop – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Christian Ed Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
- WIC – 8:15am
- PW Program Planning Meeting – 9:30am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School Classes
Jonah ~ Clint Loveall
Book Study Running with Horses by Eugene Peterson in the Adult Ed classroom ~ John & Cindy Knabe
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Doug Stueven
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton and Chris & Amy Sill
Greeters – Roger & Karen Lahm
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Megan Donnenwerth & Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt, Bart Duncan &
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson
Nursery – Milly Tillotson