Welcome to Confirmation for the the 2021 8th grade class! We are thrilled that your student is interested in being part of the life and ministry of First Presbyterian Church.
Our Confirmation program this year will look a little different than it has in the past as we seek to support our local school district in distancing students wherever possible so as to keeps kids in school and therefore their families in motion. As a result, the instruction for this year’s Confirmation will be held in an online learning format and will be co-taught by both Pastors Clint and Michael.
(re)Affirm is more than just an 8th grade Confirmation program, it is simultaneously an intergenerational congregational learning opportunity. This seven month program will explore the foundational tenets of the Christian faith and challenge participants, young and old, to find a deeper and more enriching relationship with Jesus Christ.
Confirmation this year will include the following elements.
- Weekly video lesson, electronic quiz and family discussion questions.
- As these lessons are designed to be intergenerational, we do ask that parents join their students for the video lesson so that they can engage in the family discussion questions each week.
- Your (re)Affirm username and password will automatically be generated when you register your student for Confirmation. Be sure to keep that information to easily access our lesson materials.
- Regular participation in worship (in-person or online).
- Regular attendance helps students to understand their place within the worshipping community as they explore and deepen their faith.
- Four sermon reflections.
- Participation in the mentor program.
- More details to be released when available.
- Completion of the Statement of Faith and profession of faith before Session.
You can register your student for Confirmation here. Feel free to contact us and let us know if you have any additional questions about Confirmation at First Presbyterian Church.