Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept. 16th- Recharge & High School Youth Group Kickoff
Sept. 19th- HS Cook Out at 6pm at Pastor Michael’s House
Sept. 20th- Confirmation Parent Orientation at 10:10am in the Confirmation Room
Sept. 27th- Confirmation Kickoff
Wednesday, September 16th
Meal: Husbands Delight
Meal Crew: Rachelle Gewecke, Marcia Eckerman, Vernice Wahl, Karey Winkel, Amy Webber, Angie Peterson, Erin Radcliffe, Amy Benge, Sara Fisher & Kim Johnson
True Spirituality by Chip Ingram ~ led byPam DenHerder
A Modern Girl’s Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God’s Word by Jen Hatmaker ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
Seven Men: And the Secret of their Greatness by Eric Metaxas ~ led by Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers & Teachers Needed
A sign-up sheet has been posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set tables, serve and clean up for our weekly meals at Recharge (formerly WNF).
In addition, Recharge teachers are desperately needed. Please contact Pastor Michael if you would be able to serve in this important ministry.
SLHS Football Breakfasts
First Presbyterian Church is hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, please call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex, or check our website.
Funeral Luncheon Coordinator Needed First Presbyterian is in need of a PW member to fill the position of Funeral Luncheon Coordinator.
The Funeral Luncheon Coordinator duties include:
1) Visits with family about food they would like served for main dish and purchases it.
2) Assigns one of the 4 service groups to: secure workers, call for salads and cake or bars, set up, serve, and clean up for a funeral.
If you would be interested in serving in this capacity, please contact the church office and let Cheri know, or call Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668.
Power Point People Needed
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris Sill for faithfully preparing the Power Point each Sunday for our worship service. Unfortunately, Chris is unable to continue this for us, so we are in need of someone with those skills to continue with those duties. Please contact Clint if you are willing to help.
Annual Presbyterian Ladies Salad Supper
You are invited to attend an evening of fellowship, worship and good food hosted by the Mary and Martha Circle on Sept. 17, 2015, 6:00 PM at Lakeshore Center of Okoboji . Everyone is encouraged to bring friends. Our speaker this year is Bonnie Neisess. Bonnie is involved with Stonecroft Ministries. She will share her faith and journey through her topic “Life’s Treasures and Teacups”. You will be blessed with Bonnie’s message.
Sign-up sheets for this event are located in the narthex. There is a place on the sheet to indicate if you are planning to bring a friend, and if you would like to carpool from the church. We will leave the church at 5:30pm. Please sign up by Tuesday, September 15th.
High School Cookout
All High School students are invited to join Pastor Michael and his family for a cookout and outdoor games from 6-8pm on Saturday, September 19th.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Interested in becoming a member of First Presbyterian?
On Sunday, October 11, there will be a New Members’ Recognition for those of you who have recently joined the church but have not been publicly recognized. If you have decided to join the church, but have not yet completed the necessary paperwork, we invite you to stop in the church office and complete the required forms so that we can include you in the October 11 recognition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office.
Serve At The Banquet
The signup sheet is on the table in the Narthex to serve the noon meal at The Banquet on Saturday, September 26th. If you have never done this please consider volunteering. It is a well-run Christian ministry with helpful leadership to guide volunteers through the process. It is also a very rewarding experience. Please note departure times and dress code on the signup sheet. If you have questions please call the church office.
First Presbyterian Church Annual Turkey Supper Thursday, October 22nd, 4:30-7pm
It’s time to sign up if you are willing to furnish 2 pies and pick your favorite job for the October 22nd Turkey Supper. Again this year we are asking for you to specify what kind of pies you will be bringing, and PLEASE, NO PIES NEEDING REFRIGERATION! This is a huge and exciting event that takes many hands. Signing up in advance saves many hours of calling to solicit the pies that are needed. Thank you!
Look for the job sign up sheet in the narthex.
Please pick up your pans &
bowls from the kitchen.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Our sympathies are extended to the Lois Roghair family on her passing this past week.
- Keith Brockmeyer recovering from back surgery.
- Darlene Embry recovering from a fall.
- Betty Elgin recovering from a fall.
- Martha Woodard recovering from pneumonia. Well wishes may be sent to her at 1908 W Riverbluff Dr., Brandon, SD 57005.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Ben Kelly recovering from an accident.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Dolly Kooima as she recovers from a fall.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge Kick off – 5:30pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- High School Kick off – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- HS Act II – 8:30pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- PW Salad Buffet at Lakeshore Center on Okoboji – 6pm (If you want to carpool, please be at the church by 5:30pm)
- HS Cook-Out at Pastor Michael’s – 6pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation Parent Meeting- 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Membership Committee Meeting – 2pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
Songs of Faith: And the stories behind them ~ led by Carol Ayres Stueven
Wisdom from the Proverbs ~ led by Pastor Clint
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Ryan Davelaar
Ushers – Dan VanBeek and Jack & Sherryl Jones
Greeter – Ryan & Erin Davelaar
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Dana Kauffman & Angie Peterson
Coffee – Brent & Sandy Kasson
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Emily Andersen, Pressley Cochran Bray, Bart Duncan & Brianna Pratt
Greeters – The Pratt family
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Sound – Kelly McKeever
Nursery – Milly Tillotson