Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Wednesday, October 21st
Preparing for Turkey Supper
Are you interested in a church football playoff tailgate?
If we held a playoff football tailgate meal on Wednesday, October 28th would you come?
The meal would be included free of charge in our Recharge memberships or $3 per person! Before we planned the event we wanted to be sure that there is enough interest and food…
Would you come?
Tell us today!
Thank you so much for welcoming us into the church family. We really feel the prayers, love, and support that so many have given. Thank you to those of you that cooked us a meal after the arrival of Elijah. It was a tremendous help and we look forward to returning the favor.
Justin, Heather, Jackson, & Elijah
Sermon Series – “Called” 3 week series
Beginning on Nov. 8th, we will spend three weeks thinking together about what it means to be called by God, and what we are called to do. Join us as we end the church year listening for what God calls us to in the future.
Nov 8 – Called by
Nov. 15 – Called out
Nov 22 – Called to
SLHS Football Breakfasts
First Presbyterian Church is hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, please call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex, or check our website.
Funeral Luncheon Coordinator Needed
First Presbyterian is in need of a PW member to fill the position of Funeral Luncheon Coordinator.
The Funeral Luncheon Coordinator duties include:
1) Visits with family about food they would like served for main dish and purchases it.
2) Assigns one of the 4 service groups to: secure workers, call for salads and cake or bars, set up, serve, and clean up for a funeral.
If you would be interested in serving in this capacity, please contact the church office and let Cheri know, or call Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668.
Ushers for 1st Service
We have started the process of preparing the ushering schedule for the 1st service for December 2015 and 2016. If you would like to be an usher again next year, let us know. If you would like to change when you are scheduled, let us know. If you haven’t been an usher, here is your chance to meet a quite a lot of the congregation. Let us know – either Cheri in the office or Bob Peterson.
The worship committee is looking for people to prepare communion for the first service. Communion is served the first Sunday of each month, with a couple exceptions such as Maundy Thursday. Having 2 or 3 people responsible enables both working together and schedule flexibility. Responsibility would begin in January, 2016, with training/learning available in November and December. Interested? Willing? Contact Bob Peterson with questions or to volunteer.
Power Point People Needed
We are looking for someone with power point skills to put together our Power Point presentation for our Worship Service. Please contact Clint if you are willing to help.
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
First Presbyterian Church Annual Turkey Supper FPC is hosting their Annual Turkey Supper, Thursday, October 22nd from 4:30 to 7:00pm. Carry out also begins at 4:30pm. This is an all church event and we need many helping hands to make this a success. If you have not signed up to work a shift, decorate or help with clean-up, please sign up today on the sheet in the narthex. Tickets are being sold by members of Presbyterian Women, you may purchase them at the door, or contact the office at 336-1649. Cost for the tickets are adults—$10.00, Children 5-10—$5.00, 4 yr and under are free.
Turkey Supper Workers Still Needed
- Station Workers – wipe off tables, replenish placemats, water & coffee pitchers, etc
– 2 people needed from 6-7:15pm
- Dishwashers – 2 people from 5-6:30pm
– 4 people from 6:30 till done
- Scraper Crew – 1 person 6-7:15pm
- Green Beans – 1 person to help at 4pm
- Evening Floater – 1 person from 5-7pm
Please call the church office at 336-1649 or Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668 with the information on where you can help.
High School Turkey Supper Deliveries
The high school will be delivering Turkey Supper meals to those who can’t leave their homes to enjoy it. Be sure to arrive at the church at 4:30pm on October 22nd when we will depart to make deliveries.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 9 AM at Hey Good Cookies. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat. Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Please pick up your pans &
bowls from the table in the narthex.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please sign up by Oct 30th www.fpcspiritlake.org under the NEWS tab.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Stacy Howard who has been bedridden at Avera in Sioux Falls for the remainder of her pregnancy. We are requesting meals for the Howards, family of 4.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Keith Brockmeyer recovering from back surgery.
- Darlene Embry recovering from a fall.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Michele Swanson battling with cancer.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Paul Donnenwerth battling with liver cancer.
- Brian Jones & Jay Anderson as they await transplants and further recovery.
- No Recharge
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- No High School Youth Group
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No HS Act II
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Turkey Supper 4:30-7pm
- Reformed Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 10:15am
- Reforming Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Worship Committee Meeting – 5:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Sunday School – 10:10am
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Songs of Faith: And the stories behind them ~ led by Carol Ayres Stueven
- Wisdom from the Proverbs ~ led by Pastor Clint
Reformed (1st) Service ~
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Stan Sybesma
Ushers – Darin & Erin Radcliffe and family and Roger & Donna Harms
Greeter – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Megan Donnenwerth & Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reforming (2nd) Service ~
Singers – Emily Andersen, Pressley Cochran Bray, Bart Duncan, Marissa Sill
Greeters – Mike May
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Nursery – Marissa Sill