Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
We invite you to be a part of our church family for either our 4pm or 6pm Christmas Eve Candlelight Services.
Combined Worship Service – December 27th
Please join us on Sunday, December 27th at our Combined Worship Service at 10:00am.
The Church Staff and Worship Leaders wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
• Clint Loveall • Michael Gewecke · Cheri Grau
• John Calsbeek • Vonda Buchman • Barb Johnson
· Roger Rieck • Barbara Mendenhall
· Carol Ayres Stueven · Rachelle Gewecke • Arla Stover
• Charlene Radcliffe • Eulyn Riemersma
On Sunday, January 3rd, we will be needing help removing the furniture from the Fireside Room in preparation of new paint and carpet immediately following the 1st Service.
Annual Report Deadline
Attention all Committee chairpersons, your committee report for the Annual Report will be due by Monday, December 28th. Thank you in advance.
2015 Year-End Giving
The deadline for the 2015 year-end giving to the church is Thursday, December 31st at noon. Any gifts and pledges received or postmarked after that time will be credited to your 2016 statements.
Before you leave, please remember to drop off your winter address, the date you’re leaving and coming back to Cheri in the office. Thank you.
Recharge will resume on Wednesday, January 13th.
Children’s Quilts ready to finish
The children’s quilts are in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. In the past these quilts have been given to CAASA, DC Public Health for the New Moms program, LRH for the new babies, Kinship, SL Library, Prospect Hill Presbytery, Full Gospel Mission and the Parkersburg tornado victims. Lap Quilts have been given to Hilltop and Milford Nursing Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
- Esther Haburn recovering from pneumonia at LRH.
- Emily Stover recovering from an ankle scope.
- Karen Holst who is having health issues.
- Marcia Hill recovering from minor surgery.
- Betty Bell recovering from TIA and heart attack.
- Tom Brodie recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Cooper Bartels waiting on test results.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Hannah Poolman recovering from ACL surgery.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Roberta Carlson recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Velma Ashburn recovering from knee surgery.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Marcia Andersen, who is having health concerns.
- Jay Anderson as he await transplants and further recovery.
- No Recharge Dinner
- No High School Youth Group
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- No HS Act II
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Office closes at noon
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Services – 4 & 6pm
- Merry Christmas – office closed
- Combined Worship Service – 10am
- Coffee and fellowship – 11am
- No Sunday School
- No Confirmation
- No Reforming Worship Service
- PW Sewing – 9am
- No Women’s Bible Study
Children’s Sunday School – No Sunday School classes on December 27th or January 3rd.
Adult Sunday School Classes – will resume again on January 11th.
One Service ~ 10:00am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Rick Reinking
Ushers – Jill Jennings, Kelly Swancutt, Ron Niebruegge & Bob Peterson
Greeter – Les & Marlene Noll
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Megan Donnenwerth & Kyley Anderson
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth