Your Weekly Update
From First Presbyterian Church
Nursery Workers Needed
We are searching for more nurturing people to serve in our Nursery during 1st and/or 2nd Service. Please let us know which service you would like to volunteer for when you sign up. To volunteer, please call the office at 336-1649 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of First Presbyterian?
On Sunday, April 24th, there will be a New Members’ Recognition for those of you who have recently joined the church but have not been publicly recognized. If you have decided to join the church, but have not yet completed the necessary paperwork, we invite you to stop in the church office and complete the required forms so that we can include you in the April 24th recognition. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office.
I have been truly blessed with a very supportive church family. Thank you everyone for your cards, visits, thoughts and prayers following my recent surgery and recovery. We enjoyed every meal delivered to us including several freezer meals that the Recharge group made. Thanks again for blessing my family with Christ’s love.
Bev Cother and family
FPC is Collecting Freezer Meals
We have a some families in need of meals, so we are beginning to collect freezer meals again, casseroles or hot dishes here at the church and distribute them to the families in need. At this time we could use a few meals for families of two and three. Thank you in advance!
Church School Snacks
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/ NUT-FREE SNACK LIST has been placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red) are needed in the Cantina for Church School by 9:45am each Sunday morning.
Wednesday, March 30th
Meal: Husbands Delight
Meal Crew: Steve & Karrey Lindeberg
More Volunteers Needed!!
- Freezer Meals Class ~ Jane Loveall, Lisa Richter & Amy Benge
- The Book of Mark ~ led by Rachelle Gewecke
- A Guide to the Faith ~ Pastor Clint
Recharge Meal Servers Needed
A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex and ready for you to sign up to help set up, serve and cleanup for our weekly meals at Recharge.
Want A Piece of the Pie??
The Spirit Lake 8th Grade Fundraising Night at Godfather’s Pizza in Spirit Lake will be held on Thursday, March 31st from 5-8pm. Bring the mob to Godfather’s Pizza and they give a % of food sales to the 8th Graders for Washington DC trip. This includes dine-in, carryout and delivery on orders from 5-8pm.
POET Dinner in April
The POET Committee is very excited about our first attempt at an event that is more than just dinner! Iowa Lakes Community College will be performing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in April. We would love to support this production and the many connections here at First Presbyterian. Joseph – Tyler Jenness; Brothers & Wives – Spencer Carlson, Maxine Butler, Doug Stueven, Serena Lynch & Jim Kennedy; Orchestra – Gary Lambert, David Boon & Tracy Anderson; Costume Designer & helpers – Lynn Peterson, Cindy Knabe, Ruth Nolting & Ellen Williams; Director – Carol Ayres Stueven. While you can attend any of the performances, we would like to invite everyone to the dinner theatre night.
Sat, April 9 – 5:30 p.m., ILCC Cafeteria
Menu: Lettuce Salad / Relish Tray, Prime Rib, Tilapia, Chicken Breast (choice) must indicate choice at time of ticket order, Baked Potato, Green Bean Almandine, Roll / Drink / Dessert
Cost: for Dinner Theatre and musical performance Pre-school through Grade 12: $23 ($6 for musical ticket + $17 dinner) Adults: $30.00 ($13 for musical ticket + $17 dinner). Tickets will be at the door under your name and must be paid in advance. Call Linda Kautz, music office assistant, at 712-362-8345 to make reservations (you may have to leave a call back number) Doors open at 7pm, performance at 7:30pm in the Iowa Lakes Gym, Estherville campus. Please get your tickets ASAP. They are expecting to sell out. Let Linda know you are with the First Presbyterian group.
Please pick up your cake pans and bowls from the kitchen.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Walt & Barb Mendenhall on the passing of Barb’s mom, Sheila Bowers, this past week.
- Clyde Gerth dealing with health issues.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Maxine Bartels recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Dennis Colton who is having some health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Judy Jensen recovering from back injury.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Marcia Hill going through radiation treatment.
- Dean Miller recovering from hypothermia.
- Mark Voss recovering from a blood clot in his leg.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- Adult Handbell Practice – 7pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:10am
- Confirmation Ends – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- HS Act II – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- WIC – 8:15am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Mission Committee Meeting – 7pm
Children’s Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Faith & Modern Science – Roger Lahm
- The Book of James – Clint Loveall
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Ray Miller
Ushers – Lisa Richter & family, Steve & Jan Richards & Ruth Ann Kelly
Greeters – Jack & Sherryl Jones
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Amy Profit & Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Anna Coffin & Bart Duncan
Greeter – Nancy Dau
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Power Point – Blake Tillotson
Sound – Craig Tillotson