Your Weekly Update
June 24th ***Date Change***- 5th-6th Grade Arnolds Park & Bob’s Night (1:00pm-5:30pm)
Next year’s 5th-6th grades are invited to come to Arnolds Park from 1:00pm-5:30pm (we will meet right by the museum). We will spend the afternoon at Arnolds Park riding rides and will finish the night with hot dogs at Bob’s. There is no cost for registration but please be sure to bring season tickets to the park if you have them. We look forward to seeing you there! REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE, OR BY CONTACTING US IN THE OFFICE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22ND.
Pre-K-4th Grades are invited to attend Children’s Church during the Reformed Worship Service at 8:50am in June. After Children’s Time, the kids will follow the adult and youth leaders to the Education wing for a time of Bible lessons, music, craft and games. Once worship is over, they will enjoy snack time while the adults are having their coffee and fellowship time. During the summer months, there will not be regular Children’s Church School following Worship. Classes will resume in the Fall.
I would like to thank everyone who sent prayers, cards and good wishes to me here in Cedar Falls. I am doing well but will be here at least until the end of June. Then it will be non-weightbearing at least through July. Fun Summer!!!!
Thank you again for your prayers and thoughtfulness.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. They will be studying 1 & 2 Peter, and will continue to be led by Rachelle Gewecke. No Women’s Bible Study this Wednesday, June 22nd.
Mission Trip Parent/Student Meeting
All parents and those participating in the Triennium mission trip are asked to join Pastor Michael on July 10th at 7pm in the Fellowship Hall for a short informational meeting. We will discuss the trip’s itinerary, service projects, packing list, expectations and more. Please make sure to add the short informational meeting to your calendars and we look forward to seeing you there!
July POET Outing
The next POET outing will take place at Okoboji View on Sunday, July 10th with golf and dinner or either one. Golf begins at 3:30pm and will be 2 person best shot 9 holes at $20/person plus tax. Dinner to follow at 6pm with a choice of steak or chicken breast, salad bar, baked potato and dinner roll for $19, which includes tax and tip.You may go to our website at www.fpcspiritlake.org or call the office at 336-1649 to sign up.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- DeWitt Miller placed in hospice.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Jen Watts recovering from gall bladder surgery.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery at c/o Newalldaya, 7511 University Ave., Cedar Falls, IA 50613.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Lon Noble recovering after being treated at the Heart Hospital.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Dean Poyzer recovering from pneumonia.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Dave Dreeszen recovering from surgery.
- Gene Krueger recovering from a stroke.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Connor Rowley recovering from an accident.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens who has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- No Women’s Bible Study
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7pm
- 5th & 6th Grade, Arnolds Park & Bob’s Dogs – 1pm
- PW Rummage Sale – 4-7pm
- PW Rummage Sale – 8am-noon
- PW Sewing
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Jake DeJong
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm, Gene Ringsdorf & Marcia Eckerman
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Bob Peterson
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Jim & Mary Quitno
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray, Bart Duncan & Marissa Sill
Greeter – Cochran-Bray family
Nursery – Amber Lippon
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here