Your Weekly Update
High School Mission Trip
Thank you for your ongoing support and prayers as the 17 youth and five adults from our congregation serve, learn, and grow with our partners in Lake Park and Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church in NYC while attending the Presbyterian Youth Triennium. You can see daily updates and pictures of our trip on our website, sentbylove.com.
VBS Registration is available!
This year’s VBS will be held from Monday through Thursday on August 8th-11th from 1:00pm-5:00pm each day. This year, for your convenience, you can also choose to pay for your registration online. Register today!
Jeanette Brockman Memorial Service
A Memorial Service for long-time member, Jeanette Brockman will be held on Saturday, July 23rd at 10:30am here at First Presbyterian Church. A reception will follow. Come and share your memories with members of Jeanette’s family.
Donations Needed for Fire Victim
First Presbyterian Church is accepting donations for James Hupman who lost his home due to a fire this last week. We will be collecting shirts and pants for this gentleman. M/L shirts and 33×33 or 34×34 pants. Thank you in advance. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Krogman at 615.406.0003.
Okoboji Foundation Donation
During the month of July, the Okoboji Foundation will be giving $5000 to the organization which generates the most donations among its clients, which includes First Presbyterian Church. For additional information, you can check http://www.okobojifoundation.org/#!donate-now/c1xji, or contact John Ziegenbusch or Pastor Clint.
Martha Circle Ladies
We are scheduled for our Bingo party with the residents at PRIDE GROUP of OKOBOJI, for Wednesday, July 20th at 1:00 PM. All we have to do is sit with the residents and help them with their BINGO cards. (Most are very capable of playing by themselves, but we try to help monitor their cards!) We play until everyone has won (approximately 45 min. to an hour) then we will serve refreshments to them. Please contact Charlene Radcliffe at 330-6668 if you are able to join them.
Donations Needed for the Nursery
The nursery is in need of a few items that will ensure our children and volunteers are well situated for the coming school year.
Please donate: Play-Doh; baby wipes; gently used, clean clothes from newborn through size 3T; AA batteries.
Please DO NOT donate: toys, markers, coloring books, children’s books. We have an abundance of these items.
Thank you for your contribution!
High School Video Game Night at the Geweckes’
On Thursday, July 28th we will be playing group party console games from 8-11pm. You probably haven’t heard of them yet but you won’t be able to put them down at the end of the night, I promise. Once again, we will have a night full of snacks, fellowship, and party game fun! Boys and girls are invited so don’t miss out!
CALL TO PRAYER
The women of our church are starting a weekly time of prayer in the chapel beginning this coming Tuesday, July 19th from 9:00 to 9:30 AM. This is an outgrowth of our Presbyterian Women’s theme for the year which is an Emphasis on Prayer. We welcome all to come and join us: members, non-members, friends, men and women alike. We will be focusing on prayer for our nation, the upcoming conventions, and the November election as well as any and all other prayer requests that come to our attention. We are hoping to use our chapel for a place of weekly prayer time and will continue on a permanent basis, a place where we can bring our petitions before God and pray for one another as the body of Christ.
Action Group for Communications and Marketing
We need to enhance our marketing and communications with our members, visitors, and the general public. We will work with the staff on the web site and other internet possibilities, coordinate bulletin covers with a sermon series, and make greater use of our electronic message board. There is a need to increase the attendance at the second service and let people know of the opportunity to attend a contemporary worship service.
Contact Steve Lindeberg if interested in this action group at email@example.com
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jon & Jacinta Williams on the passing of Jacinta’s dad, Lawrence Feist, Jr.
- Our spymathies are extended to the family of Jeanette Brockman on her passing this past week. A Memorial Service will be held here at First Presbyterian Church on Saturday, July 23rd at 10:30am.
- Gene Krueger who is in the hospital in Sioux Falls.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Gayle Raymond who is dealing with some health issues.
- Kieth Tadlock diagnosed with skin cancer.
- Mary Zierke suffering with terminal pancreatic cancer.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Lee Struthers suffering with leukemia.
- Laureen Andersen suffering with back issues.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Women’s Bible Study – 6pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Memorial Service for Jeanette Brockman -10:30am
- PW Sewing – 9am
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Donna Harms
Ushers – Jay & Karri Anderson, Kyley, Hannah & Cole and John Calsbeek
Greeters – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Jocelyn Kitzinger & Amy Webber
Coffee – Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Anna Coffin & Marissa Sill
Greeter/Usher – Doug Johnson
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here