Your Weekly Update
Autumn Soup, Sandwich & Pie Supper
The Soup, Sandwich & Pie Supper is right around the corner and there are still a few slots to fill. The sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. We need your help to make this soup supper a success.
High School Soup, Sandwich & Pie Delivery
As in past years, our high school students are invited to deliver soup, sandwich, and pie meals to church members in assisted living and to those who struggle to leave their homes. Interested students should arrive at church on Wednesday the 12th at 4:30pm. Shortly after, we will depart to deliver meals and then return to the church and eat together as a group.
Please have your pies to the church by 1:30pm on Wednesday, October 12th.
FPC Fall Clean Up
On Saturday, October 8th from 8:30am until noonish, we will be doing fall clean-up here at the church. Some of the items include:
· Sound panels in Fellowship Hall need to cleaned. (requires work from elevated position)
· Trim lower branches from trees on the grounds
· Trim bushes around the building
· Raking up debris around the building
Please bring any tool(s) that you think would be helpful.
Please join in wishing Marilyn Lippon a very Happy 90th Birthday today, October 4th. Birthday greetings may also be sent to her at 1819 23rd St., #140, Spirit Lake.
Happy Birthday Marilyn!!
Markers of the Covenant – A series on the 10 Commandments
Most Christians claim that the 10 Commandments are “extremely important,” though most also can’t name them all. What are they, who are they for, what do they mean, and why does it matter? Join us beginning Sept 11 as we begin a sermon series on the 10 Commandments which will also be a Sunday School and Recharge Wednesday class with follow-up discussion.
The annual 8th grade Confirmation retreat will begin at 1pm on Saturday October 15th at the Lakeshore Center. The retreat will end after the students attend the 8:50 worship service on Sunday the 16th (students will be free to return home immediately following the service). Parents with questions or concerns can contact Pastor Michael for more information.
Looking for Singers
The Reforming service is looking for vocalists to join the praise team! If you like to sing and have thought of trying it out, now is the perfect opportunity to join. You can sign up to sing as often as your schedule may allow, and you also get to participate in choosing the music that we sing in church on Sunday. Contact Rachelle Gewecke at (712)314-2292 or email@example.com to hear more about this fun and important way to get involved in our church family and use the talents God has given you!
K-3rd Grade Toys Needed for Recharge
The church is looking for donations of lightly used toys appropriate for K-3rd grades to be used during Recharge. We are looking for Legos, K’nex, Barbies, matchbox cars (and tracks), and puzzles. If you have other toys that you think might be appropriate, please contact Pastor Michael with more information. Thank you!
Again this year, First Presbyterian Church will be hosting breakfast and team devotionals on varsity game days. This has been a great experience for us and we are thankful for the opportunity to welcome the team. The numbers have grown steadily and we are expecting well over 75 young men at each meal. In order to keep up with the demand, we need your help. This can involve donating food, cooking, serving, or coordinating volunteers. If you are interested in being a part of a breakfast team, call 336-1649, check the sign up sheet in the narthex or sign up on our website at https://fpcspiritlake.org/football-breakfasts/
Wednesday, October 5th
Meal: Baked Potato Bar
Meal Crew: Jack & Sherryl Jones, Doug & Barb Johnson & Karey Winkel
Please contact the church office if you can help serve meals anytime in the next four weeks so that we can be sure to count on your help. Thank you in advance!
- Freezer Meals
- For the Life of the World – Rick Porter
- The Book of Daniel – Rachelle Gewecke
- 10 Commandments—Clint Loveall
Recharge Craft Donations Needed!
- Several 4-6 inch pots w/saucers (by October 19th)
- old keys (any size, any kind)
- broken costume jewelry (earrings, necklaces, pins, etc)
Questions? Ask Jill Jennings
Donations may be put in the craft room.
Opportunity to Serve
Saturday, October 15th our church joins with the United Methodist Church to help serve the noon meal at The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, Sioux Falls SD. This ministry depends on its many volunteers to serve those who are hungry for food and fellowship in a safe environment. You can choose to leave at 6:30 or 8:30am (early shift helps prepare the meal) and either car pool or drive yourself. Parking is available on the north side of The Banquet building as is the entrance door. There is a signup sheet in the Narthex or call the church office 336-1649 by October 6th if you plan to go. It is a great and rewarding experience! More info at thebanquetsf.org
Pastor Appreciation Day
The month of October is
“Pastor Appreciation Month”
On Sunday, October 16, 2016 a reception will be held, hosted by our session members, to honor Pastor Clint and Pastor Michael immediately following our Reformed Service (1st). Everyone is welcome to bring cards, notes, or just show up to express your appreciation.
New Member Recognition
For those of you who have already made the commitment to join First Presbyterian Church and those of you still in the decision making process, the Membership Committee wants you to know that new members will be recognized on October 23rd. If you have decided to join and have not completed the necessary paperwork, please call or stop by the church office.
- Beth Primavera recovering from a broken arm.
- Mandi Rodger suffering with health issues.
- Gayle Raymond recovering from a fall.
- Anna Pringnitz
- Lawrence Lupkes recovering from surgery.
- Lee Struthers suffering with macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- Laureen Andersen recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Bruce DeJong recovering from surgery.
- Nadine Hough recovering from ankle surgery.
- Kathy Huitink having tests/treatment of health issues.
- Karl Kiilsholm having health issues.
- Mary Cornell recovering from hip surgery.
- Keith Tadlock beginning radiation treatment.
- Katy Kline recovering from skin graft surgery.
- Bev Butler recovering from surgery.
- Amy Tanner suffering with a brain bleed.
- Mary Zierke suffering with pancreatic cancer.
- Tom Gruber suffering with health issues.
- Marj Roseberry recovering from hip surgery.
- Mark Goetsch recovering from a work accident.
- Eric Avery fighting brain cancer.
- Velma Ashburn dealing with health issues.
- Kenny Beck fighting brain cancer.
- Judy Stueven recovering from health issues.
- Bennett Stecker for healing and response to treatment.
- Jennifer Dukes Lee’s father recovering from surgery.
- Tammy (Bartels) Martin recovering from an aneurysm.
- Pat Kelly suffering with health issues.
- Betty Lamer recovering from an illness.
- Talia Patton as she suffers kidney rejection.
- Jim Arens, diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
- Mitchell Elmquist struggling with lymphoma.
- Jay Anderson as he awaits transplants and further recovery.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing -9am
- Christian Ed Meeting – 6:30pm
- WIC – 8:15am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Membership Committee Meeting – 12:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Walter Mendenhall
Ushers – Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel
Greeters – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Nursery – Erin Radcliffe & Hannah Brumley
Coffee – Keith & Beryl Marra
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Jeremiah Clay & Pressley Cochran-Bray
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA