Your Weekly Update
Looking for Singers
The Reforming service is looking for vocalists to join the praise team! If you like to sing and have thought of trying it out, now is the perfect opportunity to join. You can sign up to sing as often as your schedule may allow, and you also get to participate in choosing the music that we sing in church on Sunday. Contact Rachelle Gewecke at (712)314-2292 or firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more about this fun and important way to get involved in our church family and use the talents God has given you!
Wednesday, October 26th
Meal: Chicken Alfredo
Meal Crew: Chris & Bev Pratt, Stan & Rhea Sybesma
Please contact the church office if you can help serve meals anytime in the next four weeks so that we can be sure to count on your help. Thank you in advance!
- Freezer Meals
- For the Life of the World – Rick Porter
- The Book of Daniel – Rachelle Gewecke
- 10 Commandments—Clint Loveall
Recharge Craft Donations Needed!
- old keys (any size, any kind)
- broken costume jewelry (earrings, necklaces, pins, etc)
Questions? Ask Jill Jennings
Donations may be put in the craft room.
For those of you who remember Betty Bell, she will be celebrating her 90th Birthday on November 5th. Birthday Greetings may be sent to her at 2301 Fillmore Avenue, Ames, IA 50010. She misses her friends from the Lakes Area and would be touched to hear from you.
Thank you so much to the thirteen volunteers from FPC who joined with our local Methodists and traveled to The Banquet on Saturday, October 15th to prepare and serve the noon meal. There were 284 guests served including 27 children. Hopefully your experience blessed you as much as you were a blessing to those served.
Pastors, youth leaders, church & ministry leaders are invited to Northwestern College to hear author & church missional leader, Hugh Halter, on Tuesday evening, November 1, at 7 pm in the DeWitt Learning Common’s Vogel Community Room. For information, visit https://lyf.nwciowa.edu. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Chris & Amy Sill on the passing of Amy’s grandmother this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Ken & Marcia Eckerman on the passing of Ken’s mom, Lois, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Mark & Karen Byers on the passing of Mark’s uncle, Bill, this past week.
- Keith Byers awaiting test results.
- Kathy Huitink awaiting test results.
- John VanDyke’s leukemia has returned.
- Ann VerDoorn having health issues.
- Jason Kelly diagnosed with pancreatitus.
- Finley Brunsvold beginning chemo treatments.
- Harry Eckerman recovering in the hospital.
- Beth Primavera recovering from a broken arm.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- PW Sewing -9am
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
Reformed (1st) Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Arla Stover
Liturgist – Norlan Top
Ushers – Bernie & Marcia VanRoekel and John & sue Ziegenbusch
Greeters – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Nursery – Amy Profit & Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reformed (2nd) Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Pressley Cochran-Bray & Ron & Williams
Nursery – Amber Lippon
Power Point – Logan Sill
Sound – Chris Sill
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA