Your Weekly Update
New Year’s Day Worship Service
Please join our family at our 10am Worship Service on Sunday, January 1st, New Year’s Day.
Please visit our Web Site at fpcspiritlake.org or click on the link below and share your reflection or gratitude of 2016, and/or your hope, commitment or resolution for 2017.
Wednesday, December 28th & January 4th
Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due on January 11, 2017.
Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
Parent Meeting & Mission Trip Registration Deadline
We are excited to announce that the 2017 high school mission trip will be returning to New York City! This year we will continue to collaborate with Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church (as well as our Iowa partners) and we look forward to our opportunity to serve Christ in NYC. The trip will be held from July 5th-10th and the total registration cost is $250. $50 is due by the registration deadline of January 11th and $200 is due at the end of April. There will be a short informational meeting about this trip during the Sunday School hour (10:15am) in the high school youth room on January 8th. You will find the registration form as well as scholarship information on the website sentbylove.com. Let Pastor Michael know if you have any questions and be sure to register today!
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Ordination/Installation of new Elders & Deacons
All new officers will be ordained/installed on Sunday, January 8th during both worship services.
Annual Congregational Meeting
The Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 15, 2017 immediately following our Reformed Service (1st). All members are encouraged to attend.
- Our sympathies are extended to the families of Gayle Raymond and Keith & Beryl Marra on the passing of Gayle’s wife, and Beryl’s mom, Bonnie, this past week.
- John Knabe recovering from a heart procedure.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Jennifer Larson suffering with pain management.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Jenny Beers recovering from pneumonia.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
- No Recharge
- No High School Youth Group
- Adult Handbell practice -7pm
- No 2nd Service Rehearsal
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- No Men’s Bible Study
- Worship Service – 10am
- Office Closed
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- No Women’s Bible Study
- Building & Grounds Committee Meeting – 6:30pm
New Year’s Service ~ 10am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Pam DenHerder
Ushers/Greeter – Norm Meinking, JoAnn Asa & Steve Richards
Video Taping – Owen Primavera
Nursery – Amy Webber & Lisa Kraus
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA