Your Weekly Update
In March our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes. You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is placed on the easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on. If you have any questions please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Wednesday, February 15th
Meal: Chicken Alfredo
Meal Crew: Edna VanderWolde, Roger & Donna Rieck, Steve & Karrey Lindeberg & Jan Bolluyt
- Notice: 2nd Semester dues are due.
- Craft Item Needed: empty wrapping paper tubes
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week our Sunday School snacks will be provided by the Peterson family, next week will be ????.
The Baby/Lap Quilts are ready to be finished. They are located in the chest of drawers in fellowship hall.
Receive the Weekly Sermon in Your Email
We are excited to announce that you can now subscribe to receive our newest sermons conveniently in your inbox. If you would like to receive the weekly sermon, you can subscribe on our homepage at fpcspiritlake.org.
Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign
First Presbyterian Church is participating in the Cherish House Baby Bottle Campaign again this year. Baby Bottles have been delivered to the church and are located on the table in the narthex and library window. Please return the filled bottles to the church by Sunday, February 26th. Please help changes lives and strengthen families.
Fathers and daughters of all ages are welcome to attend the Father/Daughter Dance 2017 on Saturday, February 25th from 5-10pm at the Boji Bay Fun House Pavillion in Milford. You may come and go at anytime. Family tickets are $35 and are available at the door, or at Cherish Center office in Milford. Make memories to last a lifetime!
Watch an overview on Kailee & Emma Jenness’ mission trip to Haiti.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Jon & Amy Stover on the passing of Jon’s mom, Ruth, this past week.
- Walt Main having colon surgery.
- Sue battling cancer.
- Denny Sill battling cancer.
- Meghan Humphrey recovering from surgery.
- Debbie battling cancer.
- Owen Prochaska recovering from surgery.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from tests and treatment at Mayo.
- Susie Bartels recovering from surgery.
- Denice (Wiersma) recovering from surgery.
- Garrett Richardson recovering from injury.
- Angela Akers recovering from surgery.
- Family member of a member of our congregation being treated for cancer.
- Ethan Wicks recovering at home.
- Paul Ostendorf who will be having back surgery.
- Marcia Hill recovering from a fractured leg.
- John Knabe recovering from heart issues.
- Kris Peterson diagnosed with cancer.
- Bonnie Forey recovering from a broken wrist.
- Betsy Johnson suffering with a brain tumor.
- Sandy Goetsch recovering from surgery.
- Kay Monson who is home with Hospice care.
- Darla Ubben beginning chemo.
- Gena Main recovering from surgery.
- Shawnda Prochaska suffering with migraines.
- Paul Kamermeyer diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
- Finley Brunsvold going through chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 7pm
- Adult Handbell practice – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Education – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Act II – 12:30pm
- Worship Service at Hawkeye – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Rick Reinking
Ushers – Anderson family
Greeter – Vernice Wahl
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Nursery – Jocelyn Kitzinger & Amy Webber
Coffee – Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Pressley Cochran-Bray, Annika Stecker & Liz Steiner
Usher/Greeters – Charlotte Baldwin
Nursery – Sarah Dirks
Sound – Chris Pratt
Power Point – Brice Pratt
Read Your Newsletter Here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA