Your Weekly Update
Thank you for your generous response to our financial needs. In the past month, we have overcome our deficit and it is now looking like we will most likely end the year in good shape if things remain steady. Your generosity and support is deeply appreciated and we are very grateful. This congregation remains incredibly blessed and we are thankful that we can continue to move forward without financial worries.
Blessings and thanks,
Upper Des Moines and Spirit Life Food Pantries
The congregations of our county take turns supporting the Upper Des Moines and Spirit Life Food Pantries. Long ago it was decided by the churches that the county would be best served by having these pantries. Our congregation has the opportunity to provide to the pantries for the months of April and October. Please consider donating your items during the month of October. Items may be placed in the wagon in the Narthex. Monetary gifts are welcome as well.
Thank you so much for the craft supplies this year for our girls. They absolutely love being able to do activities like that. Thanks again!
Everyone at Forest Ridge
Haiti Mission Trip
Emma Jenness is joining the Haiti mission team again in January and they are putting on a pasta fundraiser meal and silent auction on Sunday, October 29 from 10:30 AM-1:00 PM at Crosswinds Church to raise money for those going on the mission trip. Everyone is invited to join Emma for the meal at Crosswinds.
Wednesday, October 25th
Meal: Chicken Noodle Soup
Meal Crew: Tom & Deb Ditsworth, Pat Thomson, Sandy Krout, Sharma Brockmeyer
Join us at Recharge with a meal beginning at 5:30pm, full youth programming, and multiple exciting adult classes to choose from at 6:10pm. Pick up a Recharge brochure in the Narthex, sign up to help on our meal rotation, and be sure to join us for another exciting year of fellowship and discipleship!
Adult Ed Classes:
- Esther in the Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Being Men of Faith led by Pastor Clint
- Explore the Old Testament with the Great Courses
- Freezer Meal Class
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week the Sunday School snacks were provided by ???, and next week is ???.
Recharge Craft Request
We are requesting BROWN socks for a Recharge craft. The socks should be CLEAN, NO HOLES, and NO PATTERN. JUST BROWN!
SAVE THE DATE!
Our children’s Christmas program will be held on Sunday, December 17th during the 11:15 service. All are welcome to attend!
(Snow date will be Wednesday, December 20th, at 6pm)
Parents of Sunday School Pre-K thru 8th Grade
If you haven’t received an email about your student, please read here.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Wayne & Sandy Goetsch on the passing of Sandy’s nephew, Randy Hurd, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Janet Turner on her passing this past week.
- Jackie Jenkins recovering from wrist surgery.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Keith Moriston recovering from knee surgery.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Austin Crew with swelling of the brain.
- Iraqi Missionaries
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she prepares for her initial partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Jada Duis recovering from mono.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Kelly Swancutt seeing a specialist on Wednesday.
- Kelly Darling dealing with heart failure.
- Dee Fibelstad recovering from knee surgery.
- Kathy Huitink has ALS test group checkup on Wednesday..
- Dave Radcliffe treated at the heart hospital and recovering at home.
- Holly needing more surgery.
- Ken Westergard dealing with excess fluid.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips dealing with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes beginning new treatment.
- Jared Lewis recovering from surgery.
- Lewis Johnson recovering from surgery.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Linnea Lambert recovering at home.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Phil DenHerder recovering from surgery.
- Leona Koele recovering from stroke.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
- Roxie Moriston undergoing chemotherapy.
- Paul Scharnberg battling cancer reoccurrence.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- 2nd Service Rehearsal – 7:15pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Ladies Coffee Break at Hey Good Cookies – 8:30am
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- New Member Celebration – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Ushers – Randy & Vonda Buchman and John, Angie, Drey & Sydney Peterson
Greeters – Todd, June, Caleb & Addison Howatt
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Mike Reekers
Nursery – Laurie Steinkuehler
Coffee – Dan & Peg VanBeek
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Dave Graanstra, Brianna Pratt, Adrie Stecker
Nursery – Milly Tillotson
Sound & Power Point – Pratt family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA