Your Weekly Update
In February our church will deliver meals to community shut-ins. Delivering Meals-On-Wheels takes about 30-45 minutes.
You may sign up for any amount of days. Maybe you prefer one day a week, for instance every Monday, or every day for a week or different days during the month.
Substitutes are available so don’t let the fact that you are going to be gone one time stop you from signing up. You pick up the meals at the hospital kitchen at 11:00am. This usually is done with a partner to make the job fun and faster. Meals are delivered every day of the week except Sunday.
Delivering Meals-On-Wheels to our community shut-ins is a rewarding experience and you will be glad you took part in it.
A calendar is located on an easel in the Narthex for you to sign up on, please include your cell phone number. If you have any questions, please contact Milt Nolting at 336-4336.
Reforming (2nd) Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Rides to Church
The Deacons are willing to provide rides for anyone who needs rides, especially this winter. Contact the church for rides and they will get ahold of the Deacons.
Wednesday, January 24th
Meal: Tater Tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Jan Bowles, Edna VanderWolde, Jody Jenness, Miranda Brueggeman Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
Adult Ed Classes
· Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
· Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses
· Martin Luther—The man who changed the church – led by Pastor Clint
Craft Items Needed at Recharge
Clear glassware needed for Recharge crafts
Containers should be at least 4 inches deep, but deeper is better! Mouth should be at least 6 inches wide, but wider is better! These will be used to make terrariums with succulent plants Need at least 7 containers by January 24, 2018.
Notice: Our 2nd Semester Dues Are Due January 10th….
Sunday School “Snack Providers and Servers”
A sign-up sheet and PEANUT/NUT-FREE SNACK LIST is placed in the library window or you may sign up online. Please take a snack list and sign up for your favorite date!! 5 dozen snacks and 2 large juice (not red please) are needed for Sunday School. If you leave the worship service during the last hymn, you have time to prepare your snacks for serving. This week snacks will be provided by the Peterson family. Next week’s snacks will be provided by the Beck family.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Accura Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
Monday, Jan 29, 1-6pm
Grace Lutheran Church, Spirit Lake
Wed, Jan 31, 1-6pm
Milford Community Center
Call 800.733.2767 for an appointment.
Baby Bottle Campaign
Beginning February 4th, First Presbyterian Church will be participating in a Baby Bottle Campaign to benefit the Cherish Center. Baby bottles will be available for you to pick up and fill with your loose change or any other way you would like to help.
- John Knabe’s nephew Dietrich surgery to repair brain bleed.
- Dave Butterworth traveling to Singapore for a prayer convention.
- Gary Eaton suffering with shingles.
- Charlene Radcliffe blood pressure issues.
- Jared Lewis recovering from leg surgery.
- Vicki Grems recovering from knee surgery.
- Ruth Nolting recovering from ankle surgery.
- Betty VanderZwaag having medical issues.
- Mike May, Jr. surgery and follow up tests were successful.
- Margaret Plunkett battling cancer.
- Joan Baird recovering at Pearl Valley Rehab Center in Estherville.
- Heath Huberg battling cancer.
- Reba Williams battling cancer.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat, in Hospice Care.
- Kolby suffering with chest pains.
- Kristen Kuiper recovering from a stroke.
- Dave Bartels recovering from breathing difficulties at home.
- Tomy Norman recovering from a shattered hip.
- Denice Wiersma battling cancer.
- Rod Johnson cancer has returned.
- Pauly Eaton diagnosed with cancer.
- Lawrence Lupkes’ cancer returned.
- Kathy Huitink being treated for pressure sores.
- Russ Thomson dealing with medical issues.
- A young man recovering from injuries.
- Abby, Pauly Eaton’s granddaughter suffering injuries after car accident.
- Jen Watts niece, Ellie, as she adapts to her partial prosthetic and therapy.
- Kelly Swancutt’s uncle having tests.
- Charles Klaassen having tests in Sioux Falls.
- Holly Hansen recovering from radiation.
- Steve Kwikkel with pancreatic cancer & chemo.
- Cindy Phillips clear PET scan, doing chemo maintenance.
- Laurie Phillips dealing with medical issues.
- Emily Butterworth recovering from surgery.
- Karen Clark dealing with medical issues.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one
month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation -10:15am
- Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Pam DenHerder
Ushers – Edna VanderWolde, Jan Bowles, Leo Kofoot & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Jim & Jen Watts
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Tom Ditsworth
Nursery – Grace Radcliffe
Coffee – Tom & Deb Ditsworth
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Annika Stecker, Liz Steiner & Ron Williams
Usher/Greeter – Dar Sheldon
Nursery – Natasha Nelson
Sound & Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA