Your Weekly Update
Confirmation Sunday will be held during our single worship service at 8:50am on Sunday, April 8th. Confirmation students are expected to join us as we celebrate the relationships, faith commitment, and new life that they bring to our congregation. You are also invited to join us during and following the service for a short time of reception and celebration including refreshments.
High School Movie Night: “I Can Only Imagine”
Thanks to a generous gift from a member of our congregation, our high school youth group will be attending the new movie “I Can Only Imagine” next Wednesday. Your ticket, small popcorn, and pop has already been paid for and all we need is for you to join us! Meet at the Great Lakes Cinema 7 for the movie on Wednesday (April 4th) at 6:50pm. Join us for an amazing night of fun and inspiration!
90th Birthday Celebration
Everyone is invited to the 90th Birthday Celebration for Dean Poyzer on Saturday, April 7th at First Presbyterian Church, Spirit Lake Fellowship Hall from 2-4pm. If you are unable to attend, cards may be sent to Dean at 402 N 9th, Estherville, IA 51334. The family requests no gifts please.
The Gospels; a comparative look
Beginning April 11, join us for a 3 week look at Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to explore what is the same and what is different about the 4 books we call the Gospels. This class will be a basic overview of the highlights and particulars of each Gospel and a look at how each one adds it’s unique perspective and voice to the overall story of Jesus. Class will be available Wednesday and Sunday. Taught by Pastor Clint
Join us in Sharing “Acts of Kindness”
We want to encourage church members to sacrifice a few dollars or a few minutes to perform an act of kindness for someone else and show them God’s love through that act. It can be as simple as buying a flower for a friend, paying for the next person in line at the drive through, or helping an elderly person scoop snow. Whatever it is, we want to know about it! We will set up a poster board with a mason jar drawn on it and cut out shapes to “fill up” the mason jar. Church members can write out their acts of kindness and place it on the jar. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so. Our goal is to fill it up with “Acts of Kindness.”
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Wednesday, April 4th
Meal: Tater Tot Casserole
Meal Crew: Karey Winkel, Karrey Lindeberg
Adult Ed Classes
- Romans — Women’s Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke
- Explore the New Testament with the Great Courses
- Ask the Pastors – led by Pastor Clint will not be meeting on Wednesday, April 4th.
2018 Student Internship
We are excited to announce that we intend to offer another paid internship opportunity within our youth and family ministries this summer. This year’s internship will be held in partnership with the Lakeshore Center who will also be providing the intern’s housing and food for the entire internship. We would love for you to share this opportunity with any undergraduate or graduate student who you think might be interested. More information can be found on our website, including the application, at fpcspiritlake.org/internship/.
Couples Boundary Waters Trip
We are thrilled to invite married couples to consider participating in a 5-6 day canoe trip into the Boundary Waters this summer. The trip will provide the quiet, space, and freedom to reconnect with each other as well as fellowship with other couples in our congregation. The tentative start dates for the trip are either July 23rd or 24th. If you are interested in participating or have questions of any kind feel free to contact either Doug Stueven, John Knabe, or the church office.
The children’s and lap quilts are now in the fellowship hall and ready for completion. Please take them home and complete one or as many as you like. These quilts have been given in the past to CAASA, Dickinson County Public Health for the “New Moms” program, Lakes Regional Healthcare for the new babies, Gentiva Hospice and Accura Care Center. Please help with this project which provides warmth to many members of our community and beyond.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
CHERISH CENTER ONE-IN-HEART BANQUET
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Marilyn Stetzel on her passing this past week.
- Cory Krieger is battling cancer.
- Todd Schuelka having surgery at Mayo Clinic on Tuesday.
- Roger Nolting lung cancer started Hospice.
- John has breathing and health issues.
- Shannon Siefker recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink beginning new infusion procedure.
- Kathy Nygaard continued chemo treatments.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mickey Arneson recovering from surgery.
- Eldon Haas recovering at home.
- Jocelyn Kitzinger recovering from elbow surgery.
- Samantha Vos recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Carol Armstrong recovering at Accura in Milford from knee surgery.
- Mandy Roger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton started cancer treatments in Chicago
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- High School Youth Group – 6:45pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- PW Coordinating Team Mtg – 4:30pm
- 90th Birthday Celebration of Dean Poyzer – 2-4pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- No Adult Ed Classes – 10:30am
- No Reforming Worship Service
- Worship Service at Accura – 2pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Tues Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Youth Sunday
Ushers – Roger & Karen Lahm and Doug & Jean Kies
Greeters – Kieth Tadlock & Marvin Stockdale
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Amy Webber & Erin Radcliffe
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins & Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA