Your Weekly Update
Everyone is invited to the Open House/Reception of…
- Abby Tillotson – Saturday, May 12th from 4-7pm First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall
- Kelsey Kannenberg – Saturday, May 19th from 4-7pm Lutheran Lakeside Camp, 2491 170th St., Spirit Lake
- Kyley Anderson – Sunday May 20th from 3-6pm 3706 Keystone Cir., Spirit Lake
- Austin Jennings – Sunday, May 20th from 4-8pm First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall
On Sunday, May 13th, we will be honoring all moms for Mother’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Mom” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Mother’s Day.
The quilts are finished and we would like to say thank you to all who helped sew the youth, baby and lap quilts. We’ll be delivering them to various local organizations.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
The Annual PW Salad Supper has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 16th at 6pm! The sign-up sheet is located in the narthex.
Congregational Life “Culinary Talent Show”
The Congregational Life committee has been working on a new idea that we want to have you all thinking about. This is still in the early planning stages and will take place in the next few months. It is tentatively being called a “culinary talent show”. We know that there are some fantastic cooks in our congregation. We want to allow you to show off those talents. Most of you have a recipe that impresses everyone, whether it is Glazed Salmon or Chicken Cacciatore (you know, THE recipe). That’s the one we want you to make. It does not have to be complicated, just delicious. We will have you make that recipe for people that sign up to try it. Keep in mind that this is not a potluck, you will be cooking for a specific number of people. Maybe you are thinking “I don’t have a main dish, but my twice baked potatoes or Caramel Cheesecake is AWESOME”. That’s great, we need side dishes and desserts also. Sign up for what you make best. Then we will need everybody to sign up to come and EAT. If you would like to sign up to cook or if you have questions, contact Tony Jennings, Judy Jensen or Lynn Peterson.
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 27th during a slide show presentation. Please bring in, or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Break the Cycle 200 (formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/clint-loveall—break-the-cycle-200—okoboji-2018?utm_campaign=oc&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=crowdrise to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. Thanks.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Lost & Found
We have many bowls and pans that need to picked up. They are located on the table in the Narthex. Please check and see if anything belongs to your family. On Friday, May 11th these items will be taken to Good Will.
Have Fun and Make a Difference at Lakes Regional Healthcare
Meet others, build friendships, feel an important sense of purpose, and make a real, positive difference in the lives of people in the Iowa Great Lakes – volunteer at Lakes Regional Healthcare! You’re cordially invited to attend the LRH Volunteer complimentary Spring Brunch on Tuesday, May 15 at 8:30am in LRH’s Dining Room. Enjoy a delicious brunch, meet volunteers, learn about volunteer opportunities, and more!
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Cindy Meyerdirk on the passing of her husband, Jim, this past week.
- Russ Thomson recovering from health concerns. Cards may be sent to VA Health Care System, CLC-2 North; Room 289, PO Box 5046, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Wayne Johnson recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra for her upcoming surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Amy Sill hospitalized after a fall.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Michael May who is having blood tests.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay who has been diagnosed with MS.
- Cory Krieger having cancer treatments.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Shannon Siefker recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink beginning new infusion procedure.
- Kathy Nygaard continued chemo treatments.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Building & Grounds Meeting – 6pm
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Ladies Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Abby Tillotson Graduation Open House – 4-7pm FPC Fellowship Hall
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Stewardship Committee Meeting – 5:15pm
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Christian Ed Committee Meeting – 7pm
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
- Session Meeting – 7pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Erin Davelaar
Ushers – Steve & Jan Richards, Tom Brodie & Bob Peterson
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Wes Farmer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Lisa Kraus
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Steve & Jan Richards
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Serena Lynch, Brianna Pratt, Annika Stecker, Rachelle Gewecke, Gary Lambert, Dan Hoerichs, Logan Newhouse.
Greeter/Usher – The Beck family
Nursery – Natasha Nelson & Molly VanDyke
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA