Your Weekly Update
Everyone is invited to the Open House/Reception of…
- Malori Swalve – Saturday, May 19th from 2-4pm, First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall
- Kelsey Kannenberg – Saturday, May 19th from 4-7pm Lutheran Lakeside Camp, 2491 170th St., Spirit Lake
- Kyley Anderson – Sunday May 20th from 3-6pm 3706 Keystone Cir., Spirit Lake
- Austin Jennings – Sunday, May 20th from 4-8pm First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall
All Military personnel, past and present, will be honored on Sunday, May 27th during a slide show presentation. Please bring in, or email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Congregational Life “Culinary Talent Show”
The Congregational Life committee has been working on a new idea that we want to have you all thinking about. This is still in the early planning stages and will take place in the next few months. It is tentatively being called a “culinary talent show”. We know that there are some fantastic cooks in our congregation. We want to allow you to show off those talents. Most of you have a recipe that impresses everyone, whether it is Glazed Salmon or Chicken Cacciatore (you know, THE recipe). That’s the one we want you to make. It does not have to be complicated, just delicious. We will have you make that recipe for people that sign up to try it. Keep in mind that this is not a potluck, you will be cooking for a specific number of people. Maybe you are thinking “I don’t have a main dish, but my twice baked potatoes or Caramel Cheesecake is AWESOME”. That’s great, we need side dishes and desserts also. Sign up for what you make best. Then we will need everybody to sign up to come and EAT. If you would like to sign up to cook or if you have questions, contact Tony Jennings, Judy Jensen or Lynn Peterson.
Break the Cycle 200 (formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/clint-loveall—break-the-cycle-200—okoboji-2018?utm_campaign=oc&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=crowdrise to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. Thanks.
Summer Youth Fellowship Calendar
Stay tuned for our youth summer fellowship calendar which will include many opportunities for our 7th-12th grade students to have fun. Parents of this year’s 8th grade students are invited to have them sign up for our event text message updates by messaging “fpcconnect” to 33222. If you are a parent and are not receiving student activity emails, please let Pastor Michael know in the office.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 17th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
The Worship Committee is in the process of making up the schedule for liturgists for the next 12 months. We really do appreciate all of the dedication and willingness of those who have served during our worship services in this capacity. Also, if you are interested in being a liturgist, please let Bob Peterson 332-6374, Cheri or Pastor Clint 336-1649 know, so that we can add you to our list!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
May 21—SLHS Music Students
June 7—Damon Dotson
June 11—Jessie James & The Outlaws
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from back surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Mary Ann Jansen doing rehab at Accura after a small stroke.
- Russ Thomson recovering from health concerns. Cards may be sent to VA Health Care System, CLC-2 North; Room 289, PO Box 5046, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
- Wayne Johnson recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Amy Sill recovering at home after a fall.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Michael May who is having blood tests.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay who has been diagnosed with MS.
- Cory Krieger having cancer treatments.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Shannon Siefker recovering from hip surgery.
- Kathy Huitink beginning new infusion procedure.
- Kathy Nygaard continued chemo treatments.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- PW Salad Supper @ First Presbyterian Church
- Adult Handbell Rehearsal – 7pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- Act II at the High School office – 11:20am
- Mission Committee Meeting – 6pm
- Malori Swalve Graduation Open House – 4-7pm FPC Fellowship Hall
- Kelsey Kannenberg Graduation Open House – 4-7pm Lutheran Lakeside Camp, 2491 170th St., Spirit Lake
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- Kyley Anderson Graduation Open House – 3-6pm at their home 3706 Keystone Cir., Spirit Lake
- Austin Jennings Graduation Open House 4-8pm FPC Fellowship Hall
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Phyllis Attema
Liturgist – Kathleen Johnson
Ushers – Wayne & Kathleen Johnson, Tom Brodie & Ron Niebruegge
Greeters – Phyllis Walburg & Bernice Steele
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Kelli Kruger
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Larry & Sharee DenHerder
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Liz Steiner, Adrie Stecker, Dave Graanstra, Rachelle Gewecke, Gary Lambert, Spencer Carlson
Greeter/Usher – Paul Johnson
Nursery – Stacy Howard
Sound/Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA